Problem GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?

Thread: GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?

Hi,

First of all, my english is not the best, writing from Europe.

I have a Laserengraver GCC LaserPro Spirit, and yeasterday when i wanted to engrave som stuffs i power on the machine and the machine would not set the axis, it goes down and just stop and says "Contact support"

I started to check if i see some problems and directly i saw that the "rib" that is going X and Y was not straight.

I will attach a photo that shows a black line (straight) and the red line is like mine (not so much but i wanted to show an example)

What could the issue be?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?-20160224_154316-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?

hi
    I will assume that the driver motor on this machine is on the right hand side
    on the left side it is an idler belt
    problem: the grub screws on the idler side drive shaft ( left) are loose
    make sure they are loose manually move the trammel and set it square with a reasonable quality square, tighten the grub screws, reset the mirrors and you should be good to go
    been there got the T shirt
    regards
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dtcrafts View Post
    hi
    I will assume that the driver motor on this machine is on the right hand side
    on the left side it is an idler belt
    problem: the grub screws on the idler side drive shaft ( left) are loose
    make sure they are loose manually move the trammel and set it square with a reasonable quality square, tighten the grub screws, reset the mirrors and you should be good to go
    been there got the T shirt
    regards
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

Thank you for your support!

Well yes the driver motor is on the right hand side.

I dont know wich screew you mean :/
    What do you mean with move the trammel and set squear and the last questtion how do i reset the mirrors?

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Acke

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    first of ll I am assuming the problem
    now across the back of your machine there will be a drive shaft, on the left hand end of that shaft there will be a drive whell for the belt
    this ia locked to the drive shaft with a single or double grub screw, and I am guessing that it/they are loose
    if they are loose leave them loose
    then by pulling the belt manually it will move the trammel/gantry the bit you are calling the rib
    now by using a set square , square the "rib"up with the left hand travel rail then tighten the screws/s
    now as to reseting/checking mirrors it would be easier for you to watch some u tube videos rather than anyone trying to explain

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you solved the problem? I'm going crazy with same problem

Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    ok lets try with a couple of pictures
    now acroos the back of the machine there is a drive shaft which drives the Y axison the opposite end of the shaft to the motor there is a gear wheel which runs the left hand drive belt
    it is secured with a single or double grub screww

now if the grub screws are loose at all this will cause the belt idle rather than being driven and in turn that causes the gantry to run out of line

so make sure the screws are loosened off then using a reasonable quality square manually pull or push the gantry (at the left hand side) until the gantry is well squre to the left hand rail

once happy you are square tighten the screws
    you will now have to check/ reset the mirrors and that should cure the problem

hope that helps
    Dave

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?-pulley-wheel-jpg   GCC LaserPro Spirit - X axis not straight?-gantry-jpg