50w Chinese Laser has blown its 9th power supply in 2 years

Thread: 50w Chinese Laser has blown its 9th power supply in 2 years

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 50w Chinese Laser has blown its 9th power supply in 2 years

I just found this forum so I figured I would ask here.

I bought this about two years ago. Since then I have popped about 9 power supplies. One thing I was told was it was probably "Dirty power" So I had a new circuit put into my breaker box recently and ran to the laser so it was the only thing on that circuit. Well that didn't fix it. I still popped my power supply. What advice do you have? This is the power supply I used. Honestly any help would be greatly appreciated .

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 50w Chinese Laser has blown its 9th power supply in 2 years

there`s a grounded electrical system inside the laser machine itself, on my experience if your unit has the flourescent lamp inside attached to the rail, usually the wirings on that touches the metal rails and sometimes due to heat on working prolong periods of time the harness cracks and will get grounded, it can damage power supplies, main boards, control boards too because it`s going to arc inside while in motion, my remedy is to install LED foglight and intall it to the side of the unit, not on the rails itself, eliminating the 220VAC wires in the rail harness to avoid future grounding and arcing problems.

FINALLY!!!!! I can log in to CNCZONE again without having to use an IP hider