Need Help! 50W CO2 engraving machine not working properly.

Thread: 50W CO2 engraving machine not working properly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation 50W CO2 engraving machine not working properly.

I have a 50W CO2 Laser cutting and engraving machine from China that I bought off eBay. I just had to replace the power supply and laser tube. Now the machine is working, but before it would easily engrave a glass at 35% power. It now engraves, but not as well as it used to. I have tried moving the power up and even at 99%, it still doesn't work as well. I have also cleaned all the lenses and mirrors. Please give me suggestions on how to fix this. Hoping to have it up and working again ASAP

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 50W CO2 engraving machine not working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ls4ur View Post
    I have a 50W CO2 Laser cutting and engraving machine from China that I bought off eBay. I just had to replace the power supply and laser tube. Now the machine is working, but before it would easily engrave a glass at 35% power. It now engraves, but not as well as it used to. I have tried moving the power up and even at 99%, it still doesn't work as well. I have also cleaned all the lenses and mirrors. Please give me suggestions on how to fix this. Hoping to have it up and working again ASAP
    You might need to calibrate the laser beam so it's as concentrated as it was before...It's very important and if it's just a tiny bit off there will be very bad results...

Skickat från min XT1635-02 via Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure what tarsson8 is referring to about calibration of the beam? But check your beam alignment. One way to see if the beam is clipping the inside of the nozzle, it to place a piece of tape over the nozzle, turn the beam on and off quickly, then use a magnifier (I use my smartphone camera and zoom in) to see if the hole is in the centre of the nozzle. A mirror is handy for this so that you don't have to keep removing the nozzle. If the beam is clipping it can leave a slit in the tape instead of a nice pinhole. Make sure you check at each corner of your working area.

Even if the pinhole isn't centred, make sure it's in the same place no matter where you have the head around the bed. If it's not in the same place everywhere, you'll have to check your mirrors and make sure they are all pointed where they should be.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The recommended maximum power on my 50W Chinese eBay laser is 20mA, which correlates to approximately 65% power in RDWorks. You need to make sure that you are not overdriving the laser tube or you will dramatically shorten its lifespan.

To align the mirrors you should check out SarbarMultimedia on Youtube. Here is one video for reference that might be helpful: