Need Help! Full Spectrum Dual Head Engraver Issues

Thread: Full Spectrum Dual Head Engraver Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Full Spectrum Dual Head Engraver Issues

Hello All,

My company recently purchased 2 Full Spectrum laser engravers from a 3rd party source that owned them for a several years. We have currently managed to work with the "Pro-S Series 36"x24" and to send over files for vector and rasterizing within "Retina Engraver" with help over the phone. But the second laser engraver is a CMAT Dual Head Laser Engraver which uses a different software called: "Smart Carve". We cannot get in contact with seller since the exchange.

We are trying to print to the Dual Head Printer through a usb cable linking up to the Dual Head Engraver. I can bring in files as a .dxf format for Smart Carve. The scaling is fine, but the line work is skewed from the original artwork. The lines become very straight in areas for lettering missing curves to finish the letters, no matter what changes I make to the settings when importing artwork. I made sure in the layers the artwork color matches the design in the imprint field and is visible and able to process. After I align the artwork with the print area, I go up to the option to hit "Carve Out". It is says the port communication is successful in the other settings tab as "COM 9".

When I hit "Carve Out" to the Dual Head Printer recognizes the file as: "PC File" on the control panel. I flipped on the switch to power the machine and turned the key to turn on the control panel, we have a cooler that is running as well with a large vacuum. When I hit the "Start/Pause" button, it beeps and gives me a message of: "LOFF" which I read means "Laser Off". I checked the power supplies for both lasers are fully functional, the CO2 Laser Tubes are brand new, I gave a test fire with "Pulse" which fired on top of the honeycomb sheet.

The question I have is that I'm so close to using the engraver, but don't understand why it keeps giving me the "LOFF" when everything seems to be fully functional and operational. The display says: "COOL" when I first turn everything. And when I press "Start/Pause" it changes to "L-ON" but then before a second passes by the control panel display message changes right back to "LOFF". The previous owner had files in the Memory that he saved including the demonstration file he used to show and sent them over an ethernet (I believe my coworker watched the demonstration but he is unsure of the transfer method). When I select those files it engraves them without a problem showing the message "L-ON" when firing. I was wondering if people had similar issues when using the printer and if so how could the issue be resolved? I am also wondering how do you save files to the dual head printer itself for use later on? I was able to bring over .plt files through the usb port but again not able to save them to the memory of the printer.

I've gone through the software manufacture for assistance, but now need assistance with understanding in better detail for the Dual Head Printer. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you