Painting help

Thread: Painting help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Painting help

A buddy of mine is making these baseball bat drinking mugs. He has tasked me the laser engraving part of the job which is no problem. Here is the problem... he want to offer clients a color engraved option. More money for me, but I can't come up with a easy way to paint the inlay. That doesn't take forever. Any ideas, I am looking to pour paint into the engraved area and wipe it off the surface and be done. What type of paint should I be using? I am using acrylic paint right now and it's not going as planned. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Painting help

D.C.

See the attached thread, hope this helps.

Wood engraved color fill

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Painting help

I have never thought of this technique before! Thanks for sharing; I will try to do it myself. As for the paint, I am not sure which one is going to work. Usually, I use acrylic, and I don't see why it isn't working for you. I am also making framed prints with acrylic paint and did not have any issues whatsoever. Try to change the base color; maybe it is causing the trouble and not the over one. I hope you will find this helpful! If you feel like you need someone to give you some feedback, let me know!