Need Help! X Axis Jumping During Laser Engraving. PLEASE HELP!

Thread: X Axis Jumping During Laser Engraving. PLEASE HELP!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb X Axis Jumping During Laser Engraving. PLEASE HELP!

Hi there!

I am new to this forum and laser engraving. Recently purchase a Jamieson Laser LG-500 (50Watt Chinese Laser with an American distributor). The laser uses Lasercut 5.3 software.

Just the other day, the laser head began to jump on the X axis, mid engraving. The job will be around 1/4 complete and the laser will shift/ jump to a spot either left or right of the were it was previously. It then continues the job until the end. It happens with almost all engravings but at different times and jumps different directions. Sometimes the machine beeps before this happens but sometimes the machine beeps and nothing happens. It is really hit and miss as one time the file will engrave perfect but the next 3 times it will jump. I have no idea what is causing this and am beginning to get very frustrated with it.

Please see the following youtube video I have uploaded to show this occurring

Thank you everyone for their time! I am new to this and any advice would be very much appreciated!