Trying to get my machine running again

Thread: Trying to get my machine running again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to get my machine running again

Yes!! I have a Chinese K40 laser. I have had it for about 6 years now. It used to run great until my computer hard drive crashed. I am now running the latest version of LaserCad and have encountered a small problem. The "Y" axis is running true with the buttons on the DSP 608 that I installed back in the day. The "X" axis, however, is running the opposite of the keys on the DSP. If I hit the left key, the carriage goes to the right and vice versa. I have searched all over for any archived versions of LaserCad and can not find any. What could be the major problem? My machine has always worked flawlessly.

Any help would be appreciated
    Milt

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trying to get my machine running again

Geez... I had something similar happen with a 708. I could not figure out what was happening or why. Im sorry I cannot help.

On my rig, I installed a 708C+. The one axis ran the length of the platen without issue. But the other (X for me aslo) would run opposite and it was "compressed" so that the entire length of its run fit within 10 cm rather than the 60 it should have been. IF I cut something it was short and fat/wide looking. I have since given up on it as I truly believe that it is just another piece of Chinese junk I was sold by someone of devious and deceptive intent.

Each time I would have to go into the settings menu and alter the parameters.. sometimes, simply opening the dialog window and then shutting it would fix the problem, but as soon as the machine is turned off it would default to the 10 cm deep X axis... I dont think I am explaining it very well. I apologize.. I can barely read the chinglish instructions to sort this out. I bought the gear from sinjo(ke) and I will never deal with them again. They sold me a defective tube, power supply and controller all in one go. By the time I figured it all out, it was too late to deal with any of it. My skepticism of buying Chinese is now at an all time high. Now if you will excuse me, I have to deal with a problem that another vendor does not seem to want to deal with.