Need Help! Power supply replaced now machine wont etch properly

Thread: Power supply replaced now machine wont etch properly

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Power supply replaced now machine wont etch properly

Hi

We've had our Chinese laser cutter for about 6 months now and it ran ok for a while until the water inlet at the high stage end fractured. I bought a decent replacement (an actual 50 watt as opposed to the 40 they conned me with) and its been running well the last 3 months. Anyway the other day the laser stopped firing even though the machine carried on running the program so I figured the power supply had gone. So ordered one of them off Ebay from China (only £25 postage and took 5 days) and we fitted it last night. We looked at the diagrams online as best we could and it looked like the connector would just unplug from the old to the new apart form the laser tube return which was hard wired on the new supply. We changed connectors and fired it up. I set it cutting first and it worked fine however later when I set it etching some mdf leaves (we own a craft shop ) and acorns to then cut it wasn't etching properly and would only etch the horizontal lines and wasn't firing at all on the vertical ones. Can anybody tell me what might be happening ? I suspect the wiring on the machine is a bodge job and although it worked on the original cheap power supply its not working on the supposedly better replacement. See the attached photo of the connector to the control socket on the power supply. which I suspect is wrong.

Cheers