Beginner -- Concerned about breaking new machine

Thread: Beginner -- Concerned about breaking new machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Beginner -- Concerned about breaking new machine

So I got this machine https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Stoked but worried I'm going to break it because the setup is in Japanese. Anybody familiar with proper use and setup of this equipment?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beginner -- Concerned about breaking new machine

I am going to guess that the setup is in Chinese. I would get ahold of the vendor and try to get English translated instructions. The ad says that it comes with English instructions on a CD. Did you get the CD with the machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I am going to guess that the setup is in Chinese. I would get ahold of the vendor and try to get English translated instructions. The ad says that it comes with English instructions on a CD. Did you get the CD with the machine?
    So, good news! Got the instructions in English. Now, I may be a dummy on this part. I've attached the operation section of the manual because I don't see where it says how to really use it. I was under the impression that you create a jpeg or pic fil and you can get that engraved on your surface. Do I have to design and control the machine myself?? Thanks

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

From the instructions: ''When the PC software generates the cutting/engraving data file''

and

''otherwise it will show the numbers and names of all object files (the suffix name of object file is .rd)''

So it looks like you have to generate the ''.rd'' file with software on your PC. You would have to convert the jpg to some kind of a vector format that the machine could read. I have no idea what a .rd file looks like. It may be some kind of G-code file that is compatible with the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    So, good news! Got the instructions in English. Now, I may be a dummy on this part. I've attached the operation section of the manual because I don't see where it says how to really use it. I was under the impression that you create a jpeg or pic fil and you can get that engraved on your surface. Do I have to design and control the machine myself?? Thanks
    so does anyone know how to create an rd file?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so does anyone know how to create an rd file?
    So, I'm on my mission the get the rd file created. They have a program they supplied called ezcad2 that's helps you create these files. However when I try the software it won't open. The instructions stated you may need a security device called a dongle to get the software running. What is a dongle security device?

Downloads
    Uploads

A dongle is a hardware key; supplied by the software vendor. Normally a USB stick that must be plugged into your PC. The ezcad2 software that you got with the machine is basically a pirated copy. Typical of many Chinese machine sellers.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

The program RDWorks creates RD files. If your machine has a Ruida controller, RDWorks may work and that is available for download at various places on the web.

Downloads
    Uploads

So, I'm on my mission the get the rd file created. They have a program they supplied called ezcad2 that's helps you create these files. However when I try the software it won't open. The instructions stated you may need a security device called a dongle to get the software running. What is a dongle security device?
    so where in that half hearted manual does it state the use of a file with the extension of (rd) i am guessing it does not and is actually the use of files with the extension (RLD). The control panel on the machine gives the impression that it is a ruida controller and as stated by michael RD works8 will work quite happily and create the files (rld)
    hope that helps
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

With RDWorks, which is usually distributed with or for lasers that use Ruida controllers, you usually setup up an RLD file which saved on your computer and that contains the imported graphics and features that can be added with RDWorks (like box outlines and such) as well as the cutt or engraving parameters. The RLD file can be later retrieved from RDWorks on your PC so that those things can be revised. From RDWorks you would save the job for cutting/engraving as an RD file which is then loaded into the laser itself, often as a UFile (RDWorks term) from a USB thumb drive. The RD file has the code to do the actual cutting or engraving and the RLD file has the info used to determine what and how the user wants the job cut. The RLD file can be directly revised by the user in RDWorks whereas the RD file can't be easily modified by the user so far as I know.

Does that help?

Downloads
    Uploads

You normally design in a program (like Corel Draw) and Export Or Save as a file to Import into the Chinese RD works, and that runs the Machine. Read the manual and do lots of reading and Seaching online. This is not a five minute learning curve, sorry.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro