Converting from Ruida rdc6442s to controller with no file size linit

Thread: Converting from Ruida rdc6442s to controller with no file size linit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Converting from Ruida rdc6442s to controller with no file size linit

Has anyone here converted their Chinese laser to something like wincnc?
    I need to do large projects in high resolution and Ruida has said their controllers cannot process very large files (100mb +)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting from Ruida rdc6442s to controller with no file size linit

Have you tried running your project directly from a laptop via USB cable or via Ethernet cable? Make sure to set your laptop to not automatically go to sleep.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vrc321 View Post
    Have you tried running your project directly from a laptop via USB cable or via Ethernet cable? Make sure to set your laptop to not automatically go to sleep.
    Yes, it is hooked directly to a PC via Ethernet cable

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting from Ruida rdc6442s to controller with no file size linit

You are running the file from the PC, not downloading the file from the PC to the laser and then running it from the laser? I know people have had problems with large files if they downloaded them to the laser with the intention of running them from the laser itself but I have not heard people having issues when they ran it from the PC (other than the PC going to sleep in the middle of a job, hence my previous warning). You must have massive files!

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vrc321 View Post
    You are running the file from the PC, not downloading the file from the PC to the laser and then running it from the laser? I know people have had problems with large files if they downloaded them to the laser with the intention of running them from the laser itself but I have not heard people having issues when they ran it from the PC (other than the PC going to sleep in the middle of a job, hence my previous warning). You must have massive files!
    It's been an ongoing problem. The work area is 1300mm x 1800mm. I bought this laser so I could do large projects. Some of the files are over 100mb. The PC is set to never go to sleep so that is not the issue. It will never get beyond the "processing 70%" screen before the machine goes haywire, extending far beyond the engraving and reversing direction in the middle of the engraving. Eventually, I will get a "Quit processing" error or occasionally a "not enough extend space" error. If I lower the resolution by increasing the interval to say .3 from .0847 it will run just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by closeracing View Post
    It's been an ongoing problem. The work area is 1300mm x 1800mm. I bought this laser so I could do large projects. Some of the files are over 100mb. The PC is set to never go to sleep so that is not the issue. It will never get beyond the "processing 70%" screen before the machine goes haywire, extending far beyond the engraving and reversing direction in the middle of the engraving. Eventually, I will get a "Quit processing" error or occasionally a "not enough extend space" error. If I lower the resolution by increasing the interval to say .3 from .0847 it will run just fine.
    What are you engraving so large that it needs .0847 resolution, and I am assuming that's of one mm? I only use that when doing BMP photo images. Your project is over 50x70 inches?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did an image of early 1900's NY that was 53.5"X23.5" and a sign that was 48"X48". Both files were 300 DPI so the interval is .0847.
    I also tried 254 dpi with the interval at .1 which did not work either

Downloads
    Uploads

My computer downloads to the controller so the computer is not really in the picture. Did you try Saving to a 8.3 file on a USB stick? Has to be done via their software. I am not sure if the file then loads to the controller or just runs from the USB stick. I run my 3D printer at times by direct connect to my laptop but I have all the sleep functions turned off, including the USB ports.

You might check with LightObject dot com, Marco (the owner) is pretty knowledgeable about controllers and can tell you what you need.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro