Sudden Y axis problem

Thread: Sudden Y axis problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sudden Y axis problem

Hi, I have a G Weike LC1390 dual head laser. I’m using Lasercut 5.3. I have been using it for a couple of years now with no major problems.

Today I was cutting some parts and all was OK until I went to cut another part and suddenly things went a bit strange with my Y axis.

While the X axis is fine, the Y axis now only moves half way and every thing is only half the height it should be. The heads return to the datum just fine but when trying to move the head to the front of the machine using the cursor buttons the head again stops halfway.

I’ve switched off and on again numerous times and reloading the configuration file and lasercut and it’s made no difference, the gantry still stops half way between the back and the front of the machine and everything still comes out half the height it should. Checking the setting in laser cut all appears to be as it should. I’m at a total loss as to what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.