Need Help! 40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!

Thread: 40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!

Hello Gents,
    I have purchased a Chinese 40W laser engraver/cutter. I am building a prototype, and i needed something that would help to cut some of the parts precisely. So my expectation is not so high, but at least i need to be able to cut acrylic 2.3mm sheet.
    So my problem is, machine cuts thru in the beginning coordinates up to (X,Y=50,50), then does not cut thru at the rest of the cutting areas. Please see attached pictures.
    Also, secondary problem is, seems like laser beam splits into two beams, so shows second cut very tiny.

As you may understand from the buying from Chinese seller, no help from the seller. and i would appropriate for any help.

Please let me know what you think.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!-cutting-specs-jpg   40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!-bothsquares-jpg   40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!-nocut-jpg   40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!-thrucut-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 40W laser cutter not cutting thru!!

You need to do an alignment. Judging by the look of the cut I would also say you are a fair bit out of focus.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Epilotdk,
    Thank you for your quick reply!
    I do have couple questions for your suggestions,
    Alignment of what?;
    -axis ?
    -mirros ?
    -laser ?

Also about the focus adjustment; why would focus be on/off at certain cutting areas? there is not even a Z height adjustment on this machine, so i assume focus might be done with something else.

Please let me know what do you think!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh dear, you didn't do much homework before buying a laser. Watch these videos to start with:

Downloads
    Uploads

Head over to the K40 Chinese laser group on Facebook, there are lots of other people over there just like you. Why would you buy a laser and not even know the basics? Do your Own online research and learn before asking very, very basic questions.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Head over to the K40 Chinese laser group on Facebook, there are lots of other people over there just like you. Why would you buy a laser and not even know the basics? Do your Own online research and learn before asking very, very basic questions.
    Thank you for all for the suggestions.
    some was helpful, some rise up other questions!; why would you reply to a post if you do not contribute to the solution?

but anyway, i took every advice seriously. I believe this is right place to ask basic and stupid questions. because this is part of my online research. because no one is obligated to reply. because there might be some nice experts willing to give a hint without mocking others.

Downloads
    Uploads

Found in a 3 second google Search > https://www.google.com/search?q=alin...ddress&ie=&oe=

The other suggestions was the K40 group on Facebook. Lots of questions answered every day.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Did you manage to solve Also, "secondary problem is, seems like laser beam splits into two beams, so shows second cut very tiny.". I just bought 40W CO2 USB Cutter Engraving Cutting Machine Laser Printer Laser Engraver from China. As you know, getting their assistance is not easy despite the technology.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AdamTheFirst View Post
    Hello Gents,
    I have purchased a Chinese 40W laser engraver/cutter. I am building a prototype, and i needed something that would help to cut some of the parts precisely. So my expectation is not so high, but at least i need to be able to cut acrylic 2.3mm sheet.
    So my problem is, machine cuts thru in the beginning coordinates up to (X,Y=50,50), then does not cut thru at the rest of the cutting areas. Please see attached pictures.
    Also, secondary problem is, seems like laser beam splits into two beams, so shows second cut very tiny.

As you may understand from the buying from Chinese seller, no help from the seller. and i would appropriate for any help.

Please let me know what you think.
    Sounds like it may be an issue with your mirrors not being clean enough to form a single beam? Please check K40 settings for different materials as well to see if your power and speed settings are optimal here