HX40A taking 10 attempts to cut 3mm acrylic

Thread: HX40A taking 10 attempts to cut 3mm acrylic

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HX40A taking 10 attempts to cut 3mm acrylic

Hi all,

I'm not a very regular visitor to these forums (looks like I was last here in 2010!) but as I got very helpful replies last time I thought I'd give it another go.

I've had my HX40A for about 7 years and it seems to be losing power. I've been trying to cut some simple shapes this evening and it's taken up to and over ten attempts to cut through 3mm acrylic (on a good day it only takes 3-4 attempts on the slowest cut speed and highest power setting). I've noticed it generally taking more attempts to cut than usual recently.

I've had some issues like this before so I've run through what I'd usually check:

As I hadn't checked them for a while, I've realigned the mirrors and it's all looking nice and centred.
    I've cleaned the final lens as it was a bit cloudy.
    I've also checked that the cooling water was circulating correctly (had overheating issues before which resulted in a loss of cutting power).

Any other ideas? Could the laser tube be coming to the end of its life?

Becki

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HX40A taking 10 attempts to cut 3mm acrylic

Tubes have a shelf life. If yours is 7 years old, chances are it needs to be replaced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HX40A taking 10 attempts to cut 3mm acrylic

Quote Originally Posted by bekibutton View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not a very regular visitor to these forums (looks like I was last here in 2010!) but as I got very helpful replies last time I thought I'd give it another go.

I've had my HX40A for about 7 years and it seems to be losing power. I've been trying to cut some simple shapes this evening and it's taken up to and over ten attempts to cut through 3mm acrylic (on a good day it only takes 3-4 attempts on the slowest cut speed and highest power setting). I've noticed it generally taking more attempts to cut than usual recently.

I've had some issues like this before so I've run through what I'd usually check:

As I hadn't checked them for a while, I've realigned the mirrors and it's all looking nice and centred.
    I've cleaned the final lens as it was a bit cloudy.
    I've also checked that the cooling water was circulating correctly (had overheating issues before which resulted in a loss of cutting power).

Any other ideas? Could the laser tube be coming to the end of its life?

Becki
    Yes and get a good one as a replacement, I usually get mine from US supplier Lightobject.com I do not know if they can arrange drop shipping
    to the UK?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro