Need Help! 100w laser driver issues

Thread: 100w laser driver issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 100w laser driver issues

Hi all, i am new to this forum, so apologies if i dont follow protocol.
    i have upgraded from a k40 to a red/black 100w chinese laser.
    installed corel draw. installed corel laser no problems.
    all my computer says is Engraving machine disconnected.
    i have tried everything on the CD.
    looked all over web for appropriate drivers. pc does recognise somthing is plugged in but does not connect.
    also in properties on corel draw there is no device id and i have no idea where to find it.
    any help would be great

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 100w laser driver issues

So the K40 no longer connected or used and you have a new machine? Your new laser needs the software that came with it. IF this is the case un-install the old software first and re-boot plug in the new machine or follow the instructions that came with it.

BTW there are perhaps 6 or 8 laser makers in China. Maybe 4 or 5 are good the rest make junk and its usually sold on eBay by venders selling baby toys or flashlights.... they do not have a clue on how those machines work. So when you ask a question you get nonsense for an answer. When you threaten to do a Return they will stall and delay as long as they can until the 90 day return or PayPal refund times out. You can not tell by the color or outside of the machine who makes it. The only help you can get is find out the brand and model of controller in your machine and do some research until you find the user and install manuals.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still running k40 but got a separate pc for new laser. How can I find which board I have as it's in a plastic sealed unit. And thanks for responding. All I know is its branded Ridgeyard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissto007 View Post
    I am still running k40 but got a separate pc for new laser. How can I find which board I have as it's in a plastic sealed unit. And thanks for responding. All I know is its branded Ridgeyard
    The controller will have a model name and part number printed on the front. Like this > R5 DSP Controller Card for CO2 Laser Engraving/Cutter w/ Color Screen

If its a 100 watt machine the side panels come off or open and you will find power supplies, DSP controller card and stepper motor driver boards.

Does the machine power up?

Is this what you have , wrong power but close >https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/14c/Ridge...0mm/B01HRCU4WM

Downloads
    Uploads

No, it's black and red with the laser tube sticking out a bit. I attached a pic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100w laser driver issues-fb11aff7-afe4-41b6-bb26-c4dd8bdc9b75-2867-000004311cf5d8aa  

Downloads
    Uploads

You will need to get the info I asked about. These machines are made using parts off the shelf and it could be anything inside. Joes laser company could buy all the parts he needs and start tomorrow. How good it is, depends on what Joe knows about laser machines.