Newbie Repair help needed

Thread: Repair help needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Repair help needed

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I have zero technical experience. I inherited a Cam5 laser machine from my Dad. He was always the one to fix it...

I had a friend with a similar machine try to help me set it up after he passed. We did ok, until we tried to test pulse it on thermal paper. The machine wouldn't fire and made an electrical popping sound. There was an electric smell if that makes sense.

We immediately turned it off. I lack the experience to fix this issue. I honestly have no idea where to start. I know how to use the software and design from scratch for the machine but know almost nothing about the machine itself!

I am more of a computer nerd than machine nerd.

Please give me some guidance if you can!

I wish my Dad was here.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Repair help needed

Sounds like the the laser tube is arcing electricity. Check to make sure the electrical connectors no the laser tube are securely fashioned. If they are loose, the electricity may arc to the sides of the machine. Make sure the machine is turned off when you do this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Repair help needed

Find somebody with mechanical and electrical experience to help or sell the machine.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro