Etching Tile

Thread: Etching Tile

Default Etching Tile

I have a cheapo chinese 2.5w laser. I have a customer who wants me to etch tile that has a glaze on it, then fill in the etch with paint. How many watts do I need to do this? I realize my 2.5w is nowhere near what is needed. Would a 100w laser be able to etch glazed white tile?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Etching Tile

A 60 to 80 watt good CO2 machine will work. My 40 watt one will in two passes

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 100w and I can engrave a tile at 55% power and 500mm/s no problem. I also do a lot of mirror coasters / tiles at this setting, cutting from the back, through the copper coating into the glass.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have done tile and also glass with my 40W K40 laser and it does a great job. Different colors and types of glaze will etch differently. All depends on the absorbtion or reflection to the particular wavelength of laser. There is a very small, but possible chance that your small laser will work OK on your tile. give it a shot.

Even though the 40W does a good job on what I have done, I have just gone through the glaze or done shallow engraving on glass. Not sure how deep you will need to etch to get a good paint fill. I do a lot of paint fill on engraving plastic, but I am doing reverse engrave which only needs the very thin back layer removed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,dear
    XJROUTER,4040,40W laser machine can work ceramic,porcelain.
    Etching Tile-img_20161206_135311-jpg