Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter.

I am sorry Brian but if I did that job for a customer I would not get paid. The charm was done with my 20 Watt fiber, I think the other was done with my CO2 on LaserIt sheet stock.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter.-laserbitjpg-jpg   Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter.-charm-jpg   Small shop looking for their first laser engraver...maybe cutter.-charmzoom-jpg  
    Last edited by wmgeorge; 08-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... Master Electrician - Retired.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I am sorry Brian but if I did that job for a customer I would not get paid.
    I'd love to see a close up of what the 20W fiber laser looks like on such a small text. I mean Brian's text was less than 1/10" high so he really zoomed in on that pic. I'm having a hard time imagining what it'd actually look like to the naked eye.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will see if I can find some anodized aluminum around the shop that I don't need so I can send you a sample. I have been wanting to do some more experimenting on anodized and I have a flashlight to do also. What size text do you normally need?

The frame of my Z table is not a good piece for a sample. You can see that the material was not very smooth. Not sure what alloy of cheap junk Chinese aluminum it is either. I did some mil spec label plates that have a black coating on them that is not anodized and they were beautiful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    I will see if I can find some anodized aluminum around the shop that I don't need so I can send you a sample. I have been wanting to do some more experimenting on anodized and I have a flashlight to do also. What size text do you normally need?

The frame of my Z table is not a good piece for a sample. You can see that the material was not very smooth. Not sure what alloy of cheap junk Chinese aluminum it is either. I did some mil spec label plates that have a black coating on them that is not anodized and they were beautiful.
    If you want to engrave fine text through a CO2 laser, you may want to use a 38.1mm focus lens instead of the most popular (default) lens that come with a laser machine from China which is 50.8mm. Plus, if you want to engrave sort of serial number or bar code, get some 'single line' font installed to your system and that will get you most crispy image and at the fastest speed.

Fiber optics laser can handle down to 1.5mm font with decent image. But for the speed wise, it is about 5 times faster than a CO2 laser machine. If the image to deal with is in vector format, it may be even faster!

We carry 20W, 30W fiber engraving machine and high power laser cutter, from small footprint 2ftx2ft to full size 10ftx5ft (workable area).

Regards,
    Marco
    LightObject.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry to reply you late. this is one set 20w mopa fiber laser marking machine, its price between 6000~7000usd. if you want to learn more about it, you can send the detail request to my email: xintian104@xtlaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,i have a 60W CO2 laser machine,it also can carve aluminum,stainless steel,brass.My machine is from XJROUTER,and they also sale the laser mark ink.
    Send you the video of my work:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12