Need Help! Jameson Lg-500 freezes while cutting

Thread: Jameson Lg-500 freezes while cutting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Jameson Lg-500 freezes while cutting

Hey there!

I'm using this cutter for work and am in a frustrating situation. I've got a Lg-500 that seems like it only works when it wants to.

I am typically uploading files to it via flash drive, but the machine also has a USB cord coming out of it that I can work with. I make my file using LaserCut 5.3 and hit "Export File" to create a .mol file. I think plug the USB into the machine and select the file I want to work with to upload. When I hit "start" on the machine, it'll start cutting/engraving for about 18-22 seconds before it just freezes in its position. It just sort of hovers in position until I hit "stop" and then it returns to its position.

I've experienced similar errors except instead of freezing, it just heads in one direction until it goes out of bounds, and just bounces on the wall until I hit stop.

My theory is that this could have something to do with memory management. Occasionally I get a "Out of memory" error on the machine. I'll delete some files on the machine, knowing that the ones I've deleted were larger than what I'm uploading, and still get a "Out of memory" error.

Is there a proper way to purge it's memory if that is the problem? Welcome to any advice.