Thread: linuxcnc laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question linuxcnc laser

Hello all
    this is my first post here , I hope I find my answer here
    I'm new at using linux and linuxcnc
    I'm making a DIY co2 laser cutter and engraver but I can't understand how to install bjj configuration or any other
    and I want to know the best free software generates gcode for laser vector and raster
    can anyone help?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: linuxcnc laser

I'm pretty sure bjj (Ben Jackson) has detailed instructions. Have you read them?

Inkscape with a gcode extension is probably the best free s/w. But, your toolpath should depend on your controller.

A TinyG/Smoothie with a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint will have different requirements to an Arduino/RAMPS to a Chinese generic DSP board.

As you haven't built your machine yet, I would try out every bit of software you can find to help you choose what you want in a controller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: linuxcnc laser

Thanks for your reply
    I've read the bjj details but I can't understand everything about its work and how to add it to existing stepconf or new stepconf

my interface is parallel board and I've arduino but not using it in this machine