Laser Cutter Raster Skew Problem

Thread: Laser Cutter Raster Skew Problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Cutter Raster Skew Problem

I am having a problem with raster, vector seems to be fine but perhaps it is not going left and right enough for me to see the problem. When I print (send job to the laser cutter) the image is skewed. Like it should be a rectangle but ends up a trapezoid. It is not a mechanical problem, the drive pulley is tight. I have been into CNC for a long time and this one is a bugger. It is like it is missing a microstep on each new line. It is not related to the speed at which I am running. If I reverse the direction (flipping the motor wires and changing the config direction) the skew goes the other way. I am using an AWC 708C LITE with a cheap generic stepper driver. I have tried changing the trigger side of the pulse (Positive or Negative), reversing the direction and flipping the stepper wires, changing the A+/- B+/- in all possible configurations, A different stepper driver, even a new stepper motor. I have changed the microstepping of the driver and adjusting the steps in the controller. All to no avail. I'm hoping you guys have an answer for me because this one is driving me nuts!

(The picture is rotated, the problem is in the X axis.)

Thanks
    Bart

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Cutter Raster Skew Problem-20170629_124200-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser Cutter Raster Skew Problem

I had this same problem with my AWC708-C PLUS ... After I updated the firmware and use with the latest version of LASERCAD software, the problem disappeared .....

Enviado de meu ASUS_Z00AD usando Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the TROCEN website, download the firmware of your model and the latest version of LASERCAD .....

Motion Control is Trocen - Firmware Update Package - Firmware Update Package

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Out of curiosity what is the drive of the shaft that is giving this problem?