G. Weike LC1390N Overshoot problem

Thread: G. Weike LC1390N Overshoot problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G. Weike LC1390N Overshoot problem

Hi all!

Two weeks ago my G. Weike LC1390N arrived (after 4 months though). I've done some testing on cutting and marking (cutting on a low power). Unfortunately the machine came without an installation manual, so I didn't got the chance to calibrate the x and y axis or anything.

I've done some testing. Cutting seems to be working perfectly, but once I want to mark the country borders in South America for instance, the machine seems to run out of the drawing and overshoot. Does anyone has had the same problem? I'll attach a photo of the result.

Setup & settings:

100watt LC1390N
    Lasercut 5.3

Settings for marking:

Mode: Cut
    Power: 12
    Speed: 6

If I increase the speed, the markings seem to get even worse. Would very much appreciate your input. Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G. Weike LC1390N Overshoot problem-20170613_210507-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G. Weike LC1390N Overshoot problem

Mine tried to cut a line that didn't exist yesterday but after a quick switch off and on again it was alright.

It looks like you might have some lines that are longer than you think they are. I'd check that the lines stop where you want them to.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tcorder,

Thanks for your response. The lines in the the drawing are spot on. Yesterday I've tried several different settings. Sometimes the lines fall short en than it overshoots. It maybe skips a tooth on the rubberbelt or something like that.

It also might be a Lasercut 5.3 problem. Mine adjusted the drawing to it's own creativity and drew some lines that weren't there. Does anyone have experience with replacing the controller for a Ruida controller?

Downloads
    Uploads

Does it happen with all cuts or just some? You need to be very specific about your settings and what will cause this to occur before anyone can help you.

If you tape together a few pieces of copier paper so that you can cut a 300 mm square using your laser, what are the exact measurements of the square? Make sure to mark the piece of paper so that you remember X and Y direction! If either axis is not 300 mm, you need to go into the software and input the correction factor. On a ruida card, there is a place to do this under the vendor settings.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tested the 300x300mm square today. Output measurements were: X: 300mm exactly Y: 298mm. What is the right formula for calculating the right correction factor? I've got the LaserCut 5.3 software. I can adjust the Y axis in "Machine options" as follows:

Pulse unit: 0.0090789600
    Range: 900
    Datum Direction: P Dir

Datum direction and Range seem not to be the issue. If someone knows how to calculate the right correction and where to put it (I don't know where Pulse unit stands for and the internet gives me no solution), please let me know.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I've adjusted the Y axis, and repeated the 300x300mm square trick till it gave the right measurements. The problem is fixed! You can adjust the Pulse unit by changing the 'Move' variable. I've added .05 to the original number and tested it every time till it gave the right cuts.

If anyone needs more info, feel free to contact.

Cheers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello there,

greetings from Ireland, you might be able to help me?

I have just taken delivery of my new weike 1390, I have loaded all the software etc, the machine is starting and firing and everything is good I think! I have created an ecp file using Lasercut 5.3 and saved it to my usb, I have plugged the usb into the machine and got the report download successful, but I can't see the file, where should I see it? The default file is called "laser" but I can't find any route to the downloaded file, I have tried attaching the laptop to the machine directly but can't make any progress there either? I am self taught with everything so I am struggling to find a solution,

help would be greatly appreciated,

Philip

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you found the solution? It seems that I have a similar problem. TIA d

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dhei View Post
    Have you found the solution? It seems that I have a similar problem. TIA d
    Hi there,

if you are referring to my problem with the download, yes I seem to have found a solution, I am learning things the hard way! I now download the file as a .mop file, I do this by clicking "download" in lasercut 5.3 (bottom left of screen), a window opens and I click "download current", if I have the laptop linked directly to the machine it goes straight in and appears on the screen as the file name or the default file name "laser", if i download it to the usb and then plug the usb into the machine the same thing applies, it works for me but it is only one of a few issues I have, I am working in the dark as I am completely new to this and making progress by trial and error, the big error being that I allowed my lens to get dirty and it is now cracked, I can still cut and engrave but I need to get a repl. lens! I am using Inkscape and lasercut for the first time and am finding both a bit of a mystery!
    Philip