Need Help! Laser Cutting offset

Thread: Laser Cutting offset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Cutting offset

Hi Folks,

I recently took delivery of a Chinese JD 3050 60 W Laser Cutter, and am using RD Works V8. The problem I have is I cannot centralise the image / text to be cut. I set the red dot origin point correctly, but the machine then cuts 2mm lower on X axis and 2mm to the right on y axis. It's got me stumped, I can't find anything in the software or control pad on the machine that shows I have an offset. I have checked vertical alignment, all ok. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Paul

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Cutting offset-img_0960-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser Cutting offset

Some place in your software there should be a place to pick how the work is to be placed Example upper right corner, center and so on. Find that setting and it takes some investigating. I have mine to Center. Then after you download to the controller or machine, use your arrow keys and in my case its the Center, move the head / red dot to Center and then press Origin on the key pad. When you do the Box on the keypad it should outline your work. Press Start or Run to do the job. You software may be different from mine.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for response. I did some checking and found my vertical beam was out, it slews to the left top to bottom.
    I corrected this to true vertical but lost power, for example, when the beam was offset I could cut 5mm Perspex with one cut, when corrected to true vertical and same settings it took 3 cuts.

Any suggestions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry just to add, I reverted the beam back to being offset and the power increased.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to realign your beam after you square up the gantry