Need Help! AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...

Thread: AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...

Hi Gang,

I'm hoping someone might be so kind as to open up your AWC708C main board box, and look inside
    and tell me what the two voltage regulators are in there. The most I can make out is: LM2596S
    below that there is more info, but I can't read it because it's right where they blew!! Looks like maybe
    a -5.0 P+ or something.

There are several different types of these regulators, from adjustable to fixed voltages, but without
    those other numbers/letters, I have no idea which they are.

If you know or are willing to look in your main board box and let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!
    I hate to spend another $300+ just because of two regulators, but that's the only other option if I can't find
    this info.

Any help is welcomed!
    Thanks, Patrick

AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...-dscf1649-jpg

AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...-dscf1651-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...

Google Search = https://www.google.com/search?q=lm25...rchBox&ie=&oe=

Did you stop to wonder why both chips or modules are blown?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AWC708C Main Board Voltage Regulators Fried, Need To Know What They Are...

Hi ,

If you can not repair . you can contact me and send to me , i will help you ask the factory to repair Free.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Did you stop to wonder why both chips or modules are blown?"

Yes, I know why they are blown. My power supply had a power surge and sent over 45 volts to the main board.
    It's only setup to handle 24 volts.

As for the part number, I already know the "main" part number, but there are several different types of these
    parts. There are fixed voltage and there is also adjustable voltage. Without knowing what these are, I can't
    just order a couple of "LM2596S" regulators, I need to know if they are 5 volt fixed, 12 volt fixed, adjustable
    voltage or whatever else.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMM View Post
    "Did you stop to wonder why both chips or modules are blown?"

Yes, I know why they are blown. My power supply had a power surge and sent over 45 volts to the main board.
    It's only setup to handle 24 volts.

As for the part number, I already know the "main" part number, but there are several different types of these
    parts. There are fixed voltage and there is also adjustable voltage. Without knowing what these are, I can't
    just order a couple of "LM2596S" regulators, I need to know if they are 5 volt fixed, 12 volt fixed, adjustable
    voltage or whatever else.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Usually when it says adjustable that means the adjustment to make it 12, 24 or whatever is in the selection of proper sized resistors in the circuit feeding back to the LM regulators. Are both the same and can you trace back on the CB to see what they have for resistors feeding the Input line? If any?

Or trace back the output to see what buss it is feeding.
    PDF Data sheet http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm2596.pdf

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, well I talked with the folks at LightObject and ordered a new main board. I will go through that
    and get all the info I need to fix this one, then I'll have an extra if anything happens again. This time,
    I will have a surge protector on the system to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for the help,
    Patrick