Singing the K40 upgrade with controller Blues!

Thread: Singing the K40 upgrade with controller Blues!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Singing the K40 upgrade with controller Blues!

I am not a hardware techie and I can only solder just a little bit. I have a k40 laser cutter and want to upgrade the controller. Everywhere I go it seems that I need hardware and software experience to upgrade to any controller, Ramps, Duet, smoothieboard...

Since the K40 is a standard platform, as it were, does anyone know of a plug and play, just drop it in, no programming or building connectors place to get a new controller, or someone who will assemble it for me. I looked at ATTaylor and they cost as much as a new K40, though they have all the features I would like. I looked at Lasersaur and they seem a little limited to cutting.

Thanks in advance,

texas

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Singing the K40 upgrade with controller Blues!

I think the closest you're going to find for this is LightObject.com. They sell a couple of different
    controllers for the K40 as direct replacements, but you're going to have to do some wiring and
    plug in some plugs. Beyond that, I have no idea, and have not heard of anything else.

Patrick

Downloads
    Uploads

There are much cheaper options than mentioned above. First go to the K40 group on google+. You'll find more information about these lasers and upgrade options. A board called the Cohesion 3d mini is nearly plug and play and no more work than any other to install/retrofit. Cohesion 3d has a complete kit with everything you need for $100. They also have instructions on how to install. The software it uses is free. I'm not associated in any way but I did get one of their boards to upgrade my K40. http://cohesion3d.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

It all depends on what you want to do with your machine? Just see it work or cut out some Balsa wood for air plane models, more of a hobbyist.

For real world usable everyday, not mess around just get it done you need a DSP controller and some decent not shareware software. You pay your money and get what you pay for. You get professional controls and software with the suggested LightObject upgrade route. IF your NOT knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical please buy a machine that works.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by texasinmi View Post
    I am not a hardware techie and I can only solder just a little bit. I have a k40 laser cutter and want to upgrade the controller.
    Forget about it. You`ll triple K40 value :-D
    Just buy better machine with real controller.
    And don`t get fooled by LightObjects or other that sell chinese products for american prices.
    I would go to Alibaba and found something appropriate.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I think I have just what you're after: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...your-k40-laser

cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Go on Facebook they have like 4,000 members in the Chinese Laser K40 Group. LightObject is a good source for parts but lots of
    good helpfull people.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro