Trying to Engrave a Vector Image (Newbie)

Thread: Trying to Engrave a Vector Image (Newbie)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to Engrave a Vector Image (Newbie)

I am using CorelDraw and Rdworks plugin.

The image is very simple and its a png, it engraves fine as a raster in scan but its very very slow so I want to change it to vector to speed it up.

I use the corel trace feature to create an image that looks correct on the computer screen. After I click engrave the image areas that should be engraved turn into just the very outside and inside lines of the image. I am sure this is something super simple but I cant figure it out. I have tried to search to find my issue but really dont know what to even look for.

Willing to pay someone to teach me how to do this

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Trying to Engrave a Vector Image (Newbie)

Quote Originally Posted by mapaul04 View Post
    I am using CorelDraw and Rdworks plugin.

The image is very simple and its a png, it engraves fine as a raster in scan but its very very slow so I want to change it to vector to speed it up.

I use the corel trace feature to create an image that looks correct on the computer screen. After I click engrave the image areas that should be engraved turn into just the very outside and inside lines of the image. I am sure this is something super simple but I cant figure it out. I have tried to search to find my issue but really dont know what to even look for.

Willing to pay someone to teach me how to do this
    You need to read your manual or do some searching on Vector images. Vector is for cutting or outlining images, raster is for engraving like a BMP or JPG. Raster is slow, especially on Chinese lasers. Are you using Corel Draw the legal one or the knock off from China?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro