Problem 40W CO2 Laser, beam internally arcing to anode. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40W CO2 Laser, beam internally arcing to anode.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 40W CO2 Laser, beam internally arcing to anode.

Yes this is what I see when I look at my order through Amazon and I did purchase it through Prime...
    40W CO2 Laser, beam internally arcing to anode.-amazon-return-jpg
    So at least I know Amazon will take care of this matter for me! No matter what the seller says, I'm covered!
    Also the return date is June 8th so I have a little time and now a paper trail from the seller trying to solve the problems.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now if you have the skills, money and patience LightObject does sell upgrade kits. But you will have more than double your cost in the K40 right now. This is assuming your stepper motors, PS and the rest is ok, the tube in those is usually 700 mm or so which is perhaps a good 30 watt tube, if it works otherwise its another $150-200 for a new one with an honest rating. Its a tough call, the software with those machines is not that great.

LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes everything about them is a little disappointing in one way or another, they are definitely not "plug and play" machines and honestly I am not an electrician and I am not so sure I am comfortable messing with 15,000 volts at 20-30ma. I have considered the upgrade option but like you say its more money and by the time your done you could have bought a machine that works correctly and has good software to work with. I am leaning more toward returning it but being as I have a little time I am going to do a little more tinkering before I do. If I only had a week to return the thing it would have been on a UPS truck two days ago I can assure you.. lol.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check your focal length and alignment, that will look like low power if it's out.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have aligned it a few times but I'm still not positive its prefect. I am going to buy a key chain laser pointer this weekend and make a bracket to hold it so I can get them aligned perfectly.
    As far as the focal point I'm not sure how to adjust that with these cutters? As far as I can tell there are no adjustments for the Z axis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12