Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror

Thread: Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror

Default Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror

Need help! I have a used laser engraver that was aligned when we bought it. After the move, we broke the tube and had to replace it. Now I've been working on the alignment.

When I get the beam aligned from the 1st to 2nd mirrors, the beam hits the side of the mirror on the holder. I'm attaching a drawing. My brain tells me that the 2nd mirror housing is too far to the right. Of course, my brain is about ready to give up at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. These are things I thought it could be:

1. 1st mirror adjustment
    2. Tube level
    3. There is an optic between the tube and the 1st mirror. Would that do anything?

I don't know if this is attaching correctly, but I'm trying to add a drawing.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror-mirror-alignment-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasertx View Post
    Need help! I have a used laser engraver that was aligned when we bought it. After the move, we broke the tube and had to replace it. Now I've been working on the alignment.

When I get the beam aligned from the 1st to 2nd mirrors, the beam hits the side of the mirror on the holder. I'm attaching a drawing. My brain tells me that the 2nd mirror housing is too far to the right. Of course, my brain is about ready to give up at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. These are things I thought it could be:

1. 1st mirror adjustment
    2. Tube level
    3. There is an optic between the tube and the 1st mirror. Would that do anything?

I don't know if this is attaching correctly, but I'm trying to add a drawing.

http://www.wklaser.com/index.php?m=c...=136&l=2&id=20

This is one of aligned mirror video on our machine ,hope it can help you

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser engraver mirror align- beam hitting side of mirror

I am not an expert but my view is that you need to adjust the three golden screws on mirror 1. The top screw adjusts height, left screw moves left or right. The third screw between top and left enables alignment diagonally. I have just had to re-align on my new machine. Do repost back if it helps.