RDworks Questions

Thread: RDworks Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default RDworks Questions

Hi all
    So I am awaiting delivery of a new machine that runs on RDworks I have downloaded the software and have played around with it
    Now the other machine uses Laserdrw of which requires a solid black imported image and then tell the software whether to engrave or cut
    thats fine
    Now what I need to do is import the same images into RD and make the cut, I appreciate that RD requires just an outline in order to cut
    So the origin of the files is that I created a finger joint box via "make a case" of which when downloaded gives the plans in svg format
    I then adjusted the svg's and saved as a PNG
    So what I have now done is to go back to the original SVG's and re save them as an outline drawing and then import to RD. but it does not seem to matter what format or dpi I save as, when imported to RD it insists on a scan rather than a cut
    So what am I missing, surely this must be possible
    any help much appreciated
    regards
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RDworks Questions

RDWorksLab.com has an English-language version of the RDWorks manual that was heavily revised to be more understandable. You might find that useful.

Downloads
    Uploads

RDworks lab charge $10 for the manual and it has a BIG copy write diagonally across every page, very hard to read, try Boss or Thunder laser sites they have very good manuals that can be read and downloaded and I think printer the labRD labs does not allow that..
    You may also want to look on the RDworks you tube group as there are some good files that I think will answer your question(s)

Downloads
    Uploads

Try saving the file tothe Rdworks .rld file format then open in RDworks. You may also try saving as an EPS file before importing to rdworks, that is how I save all my vector files.
    another thing... look at the right hand window, where the layers and power and speed is shown in RD and see if it says BMP as that will ONLY scan,
    if it does not say BMP double click on the color in that window and then check that it says cut not scan in the dropdown.

Last edited by ram48; 05-05-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: corrected and added information

Downloads
    Uploads

David I do not have that software but most of the Chinese programs let you change color of an object and assign it to another layer that color where it can be set as a Cut (vector) or Raster (engrave) . Have you just tried an outline to see what happens?

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    RDworks lab charge $10 for the manual and it has a BIG copy write diagonally across every page, very hard to read, try Boss or Thunder laser sites they have very good manuals that can be read and downloaded and I think printer the labRD labs does not allow that..
    You may also want to look on the RDworks you tube group as there are some good files that I think will answer your question(s)
    I was able to download the manual from RDWorksLab.com at no charge, though I agree that the water mark is pretty annoying.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi all
    thanks for the replies
    I got the manual for what it is worth when the machine arrived, and have managed to sort it
    as said the png's I have are a solid black as that is whet laserdrw wants to see so I imported to RD and it shows as a BMP in the cut panel and wont change
    so I went to handle- bmp handle and in the box that appears there is a button "get outline" clicked that waited a few secs and it seems it produces another layer, select the top one and delete it and you are left with the outline which will cut
    thanks again

now onto more serious matters please see new thread I am about to start

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi..
    i need help. my laser tube wont fire out. i already check my water chiller and laser power supply. and how can i check my connection from maincard to db9 of laser power supply. and how i check my laser tube if is good or working? thank you..