Need Help! Blacktooth laser cutter motors will not turn

Thread: Blacktooth laser cutter motors will not turn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Blacktooth laser cutter motors will not turn

So I have been attempting to assemble the blacktooth laser cutter from www.buildyourcnc.com for quite some time now, but I am still having problems. My most notable problem i that no matter what I do the steppers will not spin correctly. The motors will turn a little and then just vibrate and not move.

The set up is a generic stepper motor from china (no idea on specifications, because of kit). connected to a CW230 microstep driver. The USB breakout board is the one found here https://buildyourcnc.com/item/electr...ach3-USB-Board. I am fairly certain I have the wiring set up correctly. CW+ / CP+ to 5volt, and the other two to there corresponding pins. Right now I only have the y axis connected untill I can get it to work.

any help would be greatly apreciated!