Need Help! X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD

Hi Guys,

I'm quite desperate here now. After our laser cutter had skipping issues, we tried to restore the cutter to factory defaults. Once we did a restart, the head seems to be out of sync with the display and is now vibrating a lot when moving thru the y axis. Also, the X axis seems to be hitting the edges a lot. If you look at the picture with the screen, you can see that the Y axis is set to 0.0mm but the actual laser head is at the center. There is no way to move the head up and if I move it down, I can't bring it back up. The movement of the Y axis is also not smooth as compared to before. It makes loud noises whenever I move it.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Hoping for your feedback!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD-y-axis-jpg   X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD-model-jpg   X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD-skipping-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X and Y axis problem. DOES NOT MATCH THE ACTUAL LASER HEAD

Here is a quick video of what I'm talking about.

It wasn't making that noise before.

Sent you a PM ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having the same problem. Using RDC6442G controller and latest RDWorks. What controller and software versions are you using.
    My laser head is at machine 0X0Y, but the controller reads 10,000X 10,000Y the Z reads 3,000.
    Any help thankfully accepted!

Downloads
    Uploads

It`s out-of sync sir, it`s a 6515/6525 issue, first you need to wash the board with soap and water, take it out first, use a paint brush to be able to reach the hard to reach areas of the chips, air blow with compressed air until it dries up, leave no water in it, hair dryer for 2 minutes, then install it back, re install a fresh copy of lasercut 5.3, now go to software parameters then set the options to whatever board you got there, restart PC then try it if it works, we have 2 units like yours, it`s easier for me to troubleshoot because I can take a glance on the other machine to compare it and sometimes I tried copy/paste the lasercut 5.3 folder from the other machine to bring back the settings on-the-fly then re calibrating it by loading a 100mm square on the machine parameters, it should cut the 100mm square perfect after the calibration.

if washing the board with soap and water is insane for you then I guess you need to purchase another controller on it....

on my side I can even wash PC motherboards if it makes errors out of the ordinary and i`ved been doing it since 1999 I guess >>>>https://www.istorya.net/forums/compu...d-laundry.html

What? Are you crazy? djmunt SAID he has a RDC6442G controller - which means it's a Ruida controller - you are talking about a Leetro controller. Don't confuse the issue if you can't read the question.

Also, while it may be reasonable to wash a board if it has been collecting dust and other gunk over years, this is hardly the solution - and since these boards are enclosed in plastic boxes, this is a downright stupid, illogical and dangerous suggestion.

All Ruida controllers show 3000 for the Z-Axis when it is "home" - why Ruida thought this would be acceptable, I don't know - but it is correct. The X and Y though, should show as 0.000.

I made the offer to car_bore to have a look at his setup via Teamviewer, but I have not heard from him. I will make the same offer to you. PM me and we can try and sort out your problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

I dunno - a lot of PCBs are washed after soldering - and dried. Quite common on some production lines.

If it works for KHOUJ then I have trouble seeing why it should be 'a downright stupid, illogical and dangerous suggestion.'

Of course, that may not solve the problem, but you only find that out by trying it.

Cheers
    Roger

@ Roger : That is on the production line - and highly unlikely to be with soap and water - more likely some type of solvent. And it's NOT just a PCB - it is encased in plastic. If others read this and attempt to wash their controllers, it could be downright dangerous. In any case, being enclosed in plastic mostly protects the PCB meaning it is highly unlikely that washing it would actually do anything to solve the problem - which in this case is not dirt.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I knew somebody will react on my post consider it my opinion sir, I maintained our laser machines since 2003, and yes it`s a leetro controller it`s also enclosed in plastic, sometimes when the machine behaves like that on the original poster I just copy/paste the XML files located in lasercut, and sometimes it does`nt fix the issue then I proceed with washing it with soap and water, most of the time it`s fixed then years pass by and sometimes goes blank, that`s the time I replace controllers, Maybe im not really stupid sir because I did not get a perfect score on FCC if im that stupid though >>> KH0UJ im an electronics technician in my colleges days, and it`s that skill that made me a graduate in engineering it paid for my college.

@KHOUJ - no-one said you are stupid - just the idea, in my opinion.

If you have a Leetro controller from 2003, who knows what would "repair" it.

However, you need to carefully read the OP's problem before responding with an idea that has nothing to do with that problem. I am also an electronics engineer who has been in the laser installation/repair/research business for a long time - and I come across too many people giving advice that may have appeared to have worked for them, but that could be considered to be dangerous.

Have a great day.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djmunt View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Using RDC6442G controller and latest RDWorks. What controller and software versions are you using.
    My laser head is at machine 0X0Y, but the controller reads 10,000X 10,000Y the Z reads 3,000.
    Any help thankfully accepted!
    All Good now, corrupt Vendor & User settings files, that apparently whacked most, if not all settings on the laser to crazy high settings. Ray reloaded all files and edited all settings, (saved) than ran autofocus.
    result both X&Y&Z are physically located at X0,Y0,Z300 and correctly read X0,Y0,Z300 on controller and RDWorks. Not sure what caused it in the first place. I did use CC8888 for the password and have seen another comment regarding it.
    Big THANK YOU for telling me about the RDWorksLearningLab Manual.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

All Good now, corrupt Vendor & User settings files, that apparently whacked most, if not all settings on the laser to crazy high settings. Ray reloaded all files and edited all settings, (saved) than ran autofocus.
    result both X&Y&Z are physically located at X0,Y0,Z300 and correctly read X0,Y0,Z300 on controller and RDWorks. Not sure what caused it in the first place. I did use CC8888 for the password and have seen another comment regarding it.
    I have same problem, can you please tell me how you solved it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi can you point me in the right direction of the rdworkslab video

or give me some help in what you did to rectify the issue

Regards
    CM

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TheREV View Post
    All Ruida controllers show 3000 for the Z-Axis when it is "home" - why Ruida thought this would be acceptable, I don't know - but it is correct. The X and Y though, should show as 0.000.

I made the offer to car_bore to have a look at his setup via Teamviewer, but I have not heard from him. I will make the same offer to you. PM me and we can try and sort out your problem.

Hi The Rev - I noticed your offer to the above mentioned people and am experiencing similar problems with neither of my axis's moving and would appreciate any help I could get . Would you be kind enough to extend me the same offer to look at my setup on team viewer ?

I have the same issue. Would love your help as well.

I have the same issue. Would love your help as well.

Hi, i have the Same Issue, can you tell me how to solve the isse? Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

¿lo solucionaste?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HRitcher View Post
    ¿lo solucionaste?

Acceleration is too high, is missing steps, and sptes per mm may be worg because you reset controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast