Need Help! New laser

Thread: New laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New laser

Hi Everyone, I am totally new to laser engraving however I took delivery of my new laser yesterday. The problem I am having is how to use the software. I have got what I think looks like LaserCad and what I want to be able to do is laser engrave a customers logo onto some wood to produce a plaque.

I have imported the logo in GIMP and greyscaled it and indexed it etc, now GIMP goes not let me export as DXF file however I can export as bmp but lasercad is having a fit when I import it. Not really sure what I need to be doing?!

The last time I tried to export from gimp as a BMP I got a messages saying 'cannot save indexed image with transparency in BMP file format?!

Please help before I go crazy!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New laser

I don't know LaserCad but could it be that it only accepts monochrome bitmaps? Try and save the image as monochrome and see if that works. Even MS Paint will let you save an image as monochrome bitmap.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New laser

Have you tried to open the file in Paint?

I use Corel but sometimes I get the issue like you and simply using another graphics suite does the trick. I don't know LaserCad but my RDWorks also can import AI and other files which can exported from GIMP. Its a long short but worth a try.

It might also be a good idea to source a Corel / proper graphics suite as in my view with these machines those are essential.

endurance_robots

if you want powerful diode (solid-state laser)
    with 8W power.

you may try
    http://endurancelasers.com/diode-las...e-diode-laser/

endurance_robots

if you want powerful diode (solid-state laser)
    with 8W power.

you may try
    http://endurancelasers.com/diode-las...e-diode-laser/