Help me -- I am SO confused!

Thread: Help me -- I am SO confused!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help me -- I am SO confused!

Hi - I recently acquired a Hurricane Floyd engraver with plans to start doing my own wood engraving as my previous vendor has closed. I always considered myself smart but not any more. The machine will engrave the samples given (hearts) but when I try to import text from Corel Draw -- hit download and download current file, nothing happens. I'm sure I am missing a few very important steps but after reading the manual many times and watching countless youtube videos, I am throwing up my hands in despair. This machine was never used -- sat in a box for 6 years. I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit). Perhaps the smartest thing to do is scrap it and start over with something new. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help me -- I am SO confused!

First of all. If your machine was never used -- sat in a box for 6 years and it is chineese machine you need new laser (tube).
    Next. You said nothing about software that drives this machine so how the f... can we help???

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like if it will engrave the samples provided the laser works. You might need newer software or the manual for the software. The software you have might be demo software that needs to be licensed. Some software comes this way it allows you to test your machine with crippled software. That would be my guess

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Linnae View Post
    The machine will engrave the samples given (hearts) but when I try to import text from Corel Draw -- hit download and download current file, nothing happens.
    Try to import simple drawings - circle, a few lines. Text may require font that machine software doesn't have. If simple drawings work - try to export the text into basic lines and arcs (don't know corel draw - in software i used the option name was "explode")