New purchase from Dropswell UK - Page 2


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 24 of 24

Thread: New purchase from Dropswell UK

  1. #13
    Registered 123stencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Thanks mate. I am firing you an email now, as I just have a couple of questions regarding air assist.



  2. #14
    Registered Dropswellaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    send it to my dropswell email



  3. #15
    Registered 123stencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Sent one over mate, thanks.



  4. #16
    Registered Dropswellaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Your Welcome



  5. #17
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    I have owned several CO2 lasers including a ULS. the Chinese controller system is only a means to control and download to the machine. Buy Corel Draw and be done with it, design and export or if it has the Macro to transfer better yet. I tried to use GRBL control on a small laser I built up and believe me the DSP system and your LaserCad or whatever is far more capable.

    LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.


  6. #18
    Registered Dropswellaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Our weapon of choice is CorelDraw we find it far more versatile when manipulating graphics and images



  7. #19
    Registered 123stencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    I'm thinking I'll use Corel Draw alongside Laserdrw. It looks the most fluid workflow, I have to say. Plus there's plenty of tinkering by the good guys making extensions for Inkscape etc. So there's another avenue if I don't get on with Corel.

    Does RDWorks work with the Dropswell board, anyone? Or controller mod required?



  8. #20
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    RDWorks does not work with the standard (LaserDRW/CorelDRAW) controller but I believe that Dropswell were separately looking into an RDWorks compatible controller retrofit for another customer. I imagine that this would be a cost-option.

    Newbury and District Hackspace
    http://www.nadhack.org.uk/


  9. #21
    Registered Dropswellaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Hi We now support RDworks on all of our laser machines Best Regards Francis Dropswell



    Quote Originally Posted by 123stencil View Post
    I'm thinking I'll use Corel Draw alongside Laserdrw. It looks the most fluid workflow, I have to say. Plus there's plenty of tinkering by the good guys making extensions for Inkscape etc. So there's another avenue if I don't get on with Corel.

    Does RDWorks work with the Dropswell board, anyone? Or controller mod required?




  10. #22
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Dropswellaser View Post
    Hi We now support RDworks on all of our laser machines Best Regards Francis Dropswell
    Your graphics program has nothing to do with the controller choice. You can export out a BMP , AI or DXF file into your Chinese laser controller software. Just because you don't have a Macro or Print Driver interface means nothing.

    LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.


  11. #23
    Registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    I'm guessing that you don't have experience of RDworks or LaserDRW?

    Each of those packages interface directly with a proprietary machine controller and are not interoperable.

    Each package will take vector files as input (LaserDRW takes only EMF) and allows you to set up the cut based upon the loaded file. Both do have basic drawing functionality with RDworks being slightly better.

    CorelDRAW can load the proprietary CorelLASER plugin which can then control the LaserDRW compatible controller.

    Both LaserDRW and RDworks require a (different) USB authentication key to operate.

    Newbury and District Hackspace
    http://www.nadhack.org.uk/


  12. #24
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

    Quote Originally Posted by StuartL View Post
    I'm guessing that you don't have experience of RDworks or LaserDRW?

    Each of those packages interface directly with a proprietary machine controller and are not interoperable.

    Each package will take vector files as input (LaserDRW takes only EMF) and allows you to set up the cut based upon the loaded file. Both do have basic drawing functionality with RDworks being slightly better.

    CorelDRAW can load the proprietary CorelLASER plugin which can then control the LaserDRW compatible controller.

    Both LaserDRW and RDworks require a (different) USB authentication key to operate.
    My third year with lasers, three Chinese and one USA made ULS. Never heard of a controller for Chinese machine that only used one type of graphics program, for that reason I would not purchase that machine and with a USB dongle to boot! . I did learn, thanks for keeping me updated.

    LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

New purchase from Dropswell UK
New purchase from Dropswell UK