New purchase from Dropswell UK - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New purchase from Dropswell UK

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New purchase from Dropswell UK

Thanks mate. I am firing you an email now, as I just have a couple of questions regarding air assist.

Downloads
    Uploads

send it to my dropswell email

Downloads
    Uploads

Sent one over mate, thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your Welcome

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have owned several CO2 lasers including a ULS. the Chinese controller system is only a means to control and download to the machine. Buy Corel Draw and be done with it, design and export or if it has the Macro to transfer better yet. I tried to use GRBL control on a small laser I built up and believe me the DSP system and your LaserCad or whatever is far more capable.

LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.

Downloads
    Uploads

Our weapon of choice is CorelDraw we find it far more versatile when manipulating graphics and images

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking I'll use Corel Draw alongside Laserdrw. It looks the most fluid workflow, I have to say. Plus there's plenty of tinkering by the good guys making extensions for Inkscape etc. So there's another avenue if I don't get on with Corel.

Does RDWorks work with the Dropswell board, anyone? Or controller mod required?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RDWorks does not work with the standard (LaserDRW/CorelDRAW) controller but I believe that Dropswell were separately looking into an RDWorks compatible controller retrofit for another customer. I imagine that this would be a cost-option.

Newbury and District Hackspace
    http://www.nadhack.org.uk/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi We now support RDworks on all of our laser machines Best Regards Francis Dropswell

Quote Originally Posted by 123stencil View Post
    I'm thinking I'll use Corel Draw alongside Laserdrw. It looks the most fluid workflow, I have to say. Plus there's plenty of tinkering by the good guys making extensions for Inkscape etc. So there's another avenue if I don't get on with Corel.

Does RDWorks work with the Dropswell board, anyone? Or controller mod required?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dropswellaser View Post
    Hi We now support RDworks on all of our laser machines Best Regards Francis Dropswell
    Your graphics program has nothing to do with the controller choice. You can export out a BMP , AI or DXF file into your Chinese laser controller software. Just because you don't have a Macro or Print Driver interface means nothing.

LightObject 40 Watt Laser, MakerGear M2 3D printer, 20 Watt Ray Fine Fiber laser... master electrician - Retired.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm guessing that you don't have experience of RDworks or LaserDRW?

Each of those packages interface directly with a proprietary machine controller and are not interoperable.

Each package will take vector files as input (LaserDRW takes only EMF) and allows you to set up the cut based upon the loaded file. Both do have basic drawing functionality with RDworks being slightly better.

CorelDRAW can load the proprietary CorelLASER plugin which can then control the LaserDRW compatible controller.

Both LaserDRW and RDworks require a (different) USB authentication key to operate.

Newbury and District Hackspace
    http://www.nadhack.org.uk/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by StuartL View Post
    I'm guessing that you don't have experience of RDworks or LaserDRW?

Each of those packages interface directly with a proprietary machine controller and are not interoperable.

Each package will take vector files as input (LaserDRW takes only EMF) and allows you to set up the cut based upon the loaded file. Both do have basic drawing functionality with RDworks being slightly better.

CorelDRAW can load the proprietary CorelLASER plugin which can then control the LaserDRW compatible controller.

Both LaserDRW and RDworks require a (different) USB authentication key to operate.
    My third year with lasers, three Chinese and one USA made ULS. Never heard of a controller for Chinese machine that only used one type of graphics program, for that reason I would not purchase that machine and with a USB dongle to boot! . I did learn, thanks for keeping me updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12