G Weike LG900N Laser won't fire

Thread: G Weike LG900N Laser won't fire

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G Weike LG900N Laser won't fire

Hi all, I've been reading the forums here for a while and they have been extremely helpful but I finally have run into a problem that I can't seem to solve. I've had my LG900N for a year, and this morning after making a few cuts normally the laser just stopped firing. The laser tube does not glow at all when I try to test fire it. I tried the following steps so far:

• Took the magnet out of the top door and placed it directly on the hall-effect safety sensor. No luck.
    • Followed the instructions in this video to test the PSU:
      This involved removing the anode and cathode connectors from the laser, putting a resistor in between them, removing the data-line from the PSU and replacing it with a test plug that has the 5th and 6th pins wired directly to each other. When I pressed the test button the red led lights up and the ammeter read 24ma which is what the laser normally runs at.
    • Luckily I have a brand new spare tube, so I removed the tube and installed the spare. Turned everything on again and still nothing.

It seems unlikely that both tubes are bad, and the power supply was giving the right amount of power. Is it possible there is something wrong with the safety switch? Is there a way to override that to test? Any advice for how to trouble shoot would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    --Chris