Looks like the Camera idea on lasers is changing the laser world like Glowforge, Muse

Thread: Looks like the Camera idea on lasers is changing the laser world like Glowforge, Muse

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looks like the Camera idea on lasers is changing the laser world like Glowforge, Muse

Looks like its the wave of the future and the others I bet will have to copy the idea. Its makes it much easier to use the machines and import
    objects into the machine scan etc from the camera.
    Its the future looks like even if the other companies don't agree they will get left behind.
    Glad to see these new designs of these new machines and will open up more things in the future.
    Im sure the chinese will be making them too since they know its a great design and software makes the machine easier to use.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by videorov; 03-05-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looks like the Camera idea on lasers is changing the laser world like Glowforge,

Would those of you with Epilogs, Trotecs, or other major brands see an advantage to a lid-mounted (or other built-in) camera? I'm waiting for a camera-equipped laser to ship but don't really see much need for the camera at this point, other than for some novelty projects. I've never used a laser before, though, so may just be missing the point

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looks like the Camera idea on lasers is changing the laser world like Glowforge,

Future? All major brands have been offering laser machines with cameras for years. There is absolutely nothing new about it. The only contribution of Glowforge is that they use a cheap phone camera instead of high-quality industrial one. And maybe being very loud and slightly dishonest about this "innovation" with their uninformed, cheering crowd.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No don't think so. The others don't have the same software to use the camera. If they did they would advertise it and they don't. Show me one besides MUSE and Glowforge.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yawn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zxhoon View Post

yawn
    I don't see it find the edge of something or outline of a object like MUSE and Glowforge. What you showed me is not the same. It works different on the MUSE and the Glowforge.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 second google

yawn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

heaps of those glowforge units out now too isn't there? oh wait... no... how many people have pulled the pin waiting on that dream to come true?

yawn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess you don't understand either?

Downloads
    Uploads

Glowforge said they were going to ship hundreds of units in March still have not seen any production units yet. Is Dan going to give an update about another delay oh he said that giving updates would give the opposition vital information maybe such that you could buy a laser that is already on the market

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well looks like you are getting there. That is nice. Maybe you will have a machine on the market for sale soon. I have seen it on the market yet and the price. I knew this would change the
    laser industry so will have to see what new machines come on the market and the prices
    they will sell for.

Downloads
    Uploads

//The others don't have the same software to use the camera.
    Yes, it is not the same because it is better. All major brands have bigger software teams that have been developing their software for many years, for very demanding production applications. Maybe few years from now Glowforge will be able to catch up with them if everything goes well, but the current stage of their software/camera is a joke compared to the professional systems. If they come with something useful in future and start competing with the big companies this will reduce the prices of this technology, so I am all for it. But I really don't appreciate the arrogance and dishonesty of their marketing campaign so far.

//If they did they would advertise it and they don't.
    Come on...the fact you haven't heard about tit doesn't mean they don't...They advertise it to different market target. Their target are very informed, demanding professionals responsible for equipping businesses and factories for real production. The bull(sh)it, hipster marketing of Glowforge simply won't work there.

//Show me one besides MUSE and Glowforge.
    All major brands offer camera systems - Epilog, Trotec, ULS, GCC; Aditionaly 99% of the Chinese offer Ruida Camera systems. You can also buy the Ruida camera system separately to upgrade pretty much any mid-size or large Chinese machine.

Like I said - there is absolutely nothing new or special about Glowforge's camera "innovation" except that it is a cheap imitation of the the ones used in production for many years.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not cheap just lower price and fair price. Other companies could offer at lower price but don't so
    they will lose sales.
    I like the features on the MUSE.

Last edited by videorov; 03-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.