cw-3000 question

Thread: cw-3000 question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cw-3000 question

Hello,
    I am Building chiller for cnc water cooled spindle since the cw3000 is more comon on laser engravers i am posting here. for now i am using aquarion pump with bucket.
    since machine is in my workshob there is large amount of dust and dirt. so i want to change it to chiller since cw3000 is basic radiator with fan i have buy for 10$ new car heater core sourced two 120mm 220v 25W fans and unstaled them in old pc mini tower now i need some closed reservoar. and my question is is the water reservoar on cw3000 air tight with seal or have small air vent hole on it? And is water circulation pump on cw3000 closed loop pump for circulation or is it just modified aquarium submersible pump that is used as circulation pump....

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cw-3000 question

If I was you I would get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and use your pump in it and on the return run it through your radiator fan back into the bucket. Hope you understand what I mean

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For now i am running like that machine but i have some china 100w aquarium pump wich is submersible and on pump is some crazy flow number like 1700L on hour but when i take the outlet pipe and put it in canniste it pumps merely 2L per minute i tried tu put the bucket on higher level and that helps now is on chair about 05m higher and pumps about 2.5-3L on minute... So i must buy a pump beacose i want 4-5L per minute and was thinking of making some closed loop and buy the pump from cw3000 on alliexpress is about 30$ but dont Know what flow does it get on pump is 10L per minute writen but is it true?

Downloads
    Uploads

your not going to get a lot of flow through the small hose. I will have to check what my pump puts out but it is not 5 liters a minute

Downloads
    Uploads

I run two 60watt laser machines. Both machines also use a CW-3000 water circulator.

I have a digital temperature gauge near the laser machines and also take note of the temperature gauge on the CW-3000

I find on a day of about 25 degree in the shed, the CW-3000 gauge is showing 27 degree . It kind of stays about 2 degree above the ambient temperature. It is not a chiller for sure

The CW-3000 is about 0.5 meter below the tube

If I was to raise the height of the CW-3000 to about the same height as the tube. Would this increase the water flow to an amount that the temperature would drop due to increased water flow ???

Kel