Erratic engraving chinese laser

Thread: Erratic engraving chinese laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Erratic engraving chinese laser

Had my 100w Chinese laser for about 2 weeks. After a few hiccups, everything was fine, until now. When engraving both text and bitmaps. now about half of the jobs come out with lettering and bitmaps all askew.
    It happens randomly. I have attached a photo to help explain. I have tried slowing down the speed, (the photo represents a run at 175mm/sec). Any suggestions?
    Wayne.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Erratic engraving chinese laser-laserproblem2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Erratic engraving chinese laser

Wayne
    Maybe many things, but what I found on mine was a mechanical problem

Check your motor belts and pulley / wheels. Look for any metal , plastic , or rubber shavings where the pulley / wheels are rotating

I found very fine plastic shavings from the pulley / wheel where it was rubbing on the metal frame

These machines are mass produce and quiet often, the alignments are out for these things

hope it helps
    Kel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thought I found the problem. I use RDWORKS software and I checked and found that the sections it was engraving when error occurs, I had forgot to make sure it wasnt set for a two laser tube machine. Disable the checkbox for two laser machine, and ran two jobs perfect. Ran another job and suddenly things were worse than ever. After watching closely, I realized that while doing an engraving, partially through the x travel, there would be a quick shudder back and forth on the x axis and that's when the x would move somewhere between 1 to 10mm then resume, moving the cooridinates. Hard for me to explain. Have contacted seller, who has offered suggestions, but nothing worked so far.. I closely checked mechanical issues, and found nothing wrong. Installed new grounding rod and attached directly to grounding lug, no change. Incidentally, I am getting slight shocks when touching the z grill, even with a good earth ground. Any and all suggestions welcomed. I have an extra servo controller, maybe I should try it.. Im at a loss...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever find out what the issue was??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Open the file in Microsoft paint and save
    2. Try slowing down the machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk