700 watt fiber laser question

Thread: 700 watt fiber laser question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 700 watt fiber laser question

we have a 700 watt fiber laser that we just recently purchased and while its great at cutting steel, iv recently tried copper( a metal its supposed to be able to cut) and the laser is shutting off almost instantly..im getting a back refection error.

I understand that copper and aluminum are considered highly reflective metals and some care must be taken when cutting these metals but I cant seem to find the proper settings in piercing time,speed or power to get any cut at all.

the copper is thin too, its only 24 guage but its polished...any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 700 watt fiber laser question

put Milk of Malishea on the plate before cutting this will reduce the reflection and still be able to cut. Sorry for the spell error I'm a math guy lol good luck

which laser source you use ? IPG or Raycus ? if you cut refelction material , we usually suggest use Nlight laser source. this laser source mainly to cut reflection material. when you use IPG laser souce to cut reflection material for a long time, they will appear erro alarm to protect the laser source.
    Vicky from Gweike Laser.
    wink@wklaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

im using an IPG laser source...I don't cut reflective material often but I cant seem to cut copper at all. if the copper isn't shiny it cuts but polished copper is no good..i will try the milk of magnesia

Hi, I just ask our engineer, if you cut 0.8mm copper, you don't have to setting aperture time , just cut directly . power is 100 , speed is 3 . you can try.

Downloads
    Uploads

IPG cutting parameter suggestion

copper thickness1mm speed: 350mm/s nozzzle 1.5 auxiliary gas: N2 pressure:1.5

Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it polished on both sides? Have not tried on our fiber yet, but ours is 3kw. so probably wont help you anyways.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

its polished less on one side but still wont cut, I have not yet tried the milk of magnesia because I got caught up in another job but I suspect it will work..im able to cut very dirty or scratched copper, its just copper with a clean shiny finish that seems to be the problem...