Chinese 60W laser cutter suddenly turned off and won't turn back on

Thread: Chinese 60W laser cutter suddenly turned off and won't turn back on

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese 60W laser cutter suddenly turned off and won't turn back on

Power was at 85-90% and I was about 15 minutes into a job. It suddenly turned off and now it won't turn back on. The screen is totally blank, it was not the power to the machine nor the extension cables. Any idea what it could be?

Machine is 1 week old and has been run for a total of an hour.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 60W laser cutter suddenly turned off and won't turn back on

There is probably a fuse in the power supply. That might have blown.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    There is probably a fuse in the power supply. That might have blown.
    How do I test for that?

Downloads
    Uploads

There is often a glass tube fuse embedded in the black rubber/plastic connector at the back back of the machine where the power cord enters into the machine. You have to look at both sides of the black piece to find where they located it. I have read some people say theirs was bit hidden/non-obvious.

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure you disconnect it from the mains before you start looking around. It may sound obvious but I have seen people forget that very important step.

If you replace the fuse and it blows again there may be other issues with the machine. If you don't know what you are doing it would be best to get someone who does to look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check your emergency stop button I have had some one bump mine while it was running and it shuts everything off

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My chinese laser (100w) completely shut down after 1 week, found out it is the main switch. The problem is the switch handles a lot of current with the blower, compressor, water pump, and laser. I replaced the switch, AND put the blower, compressor and water pump on a separate circuit. Actually I hung a power strip with switch on the side of the laser, and have all the auxiliary equipment switched there.