Laser engraving machine 80w power for cutting wood

Thread: Laser engraving machine 80w power for cutting wood

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser engraving machine 80w power for cutting wood

Hello,
    I am new in laser cutting, and i have lc6090 machine from gweike with new laser tube from efr f2 wich is 80w and leetro controller...
    I have tried to cut 3mm birch plywood and can cut it with 30% power and speed set to 50 in lasercut 5.1.
    But i have some okume plywood 4mm which i cannot cut i tried with varius speeds and powers last was speed 8 and power 80%
    i have air assist and 2" lens i have even tried with 2.5" lens but it seems worse then with 2"
    i have tried cutting 10mm solid pine wood with speed seting to 10 and power 80% and cut it trough
    my question is as i have wach some videos on YouTube and seen people cutting much thicker wood with their lasers which are 50 and 60W is something whrong with my laser?
    i was expecting a bit more cutting power....
    The tube is new about 2hours of work
    cooling system is diy but watter never exceeds 18C (have car heater core with pc cooler and 50L of water and aquarium pump connected to arduino wich can measure temperature of water and if water exceedes 22C it performs emergency shut down)

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laser engraving machine 80w power for cutting wood

Some plywoods are made with a glue that the laser really struggles to cut through. Sounds like that is the case with your okume plywood. It doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with your tube.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for fast answer...
    I was just expecting a bit more cutting as i have looked all the videos on YouTube...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had 6mm plywood that I couldn't cut with an 80W tube at 95% power. It all depends on the glue used. The poplar plywood I normally use cuts like butter on the other hand.