What am i doing wrong - image size corel to lasercut ?

Thread: What am i doing wrong - image size corel to lasercut ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What am i doing wrong - image size corel to lasercut ?

Hi all,

i am trying to figure out what is going on here.
    Using Lasercut 5.3

What i am trying to do is the following, i want to engrave a few the same pieces and lay them next to each-other.
    But first i have to make a layout so i know where to place the blocks i want to engrave.

I first save the image to DXF for example so i have layers that i can give a color and then set the laser power / speed / etc ( so the shape of the pieces of material that i like to engrave).
    Then i want to engrave an image into the area i just made, use the logo and save it as png / jpg or whatever format lasercut can read.

Here is where the problem comes, if you watch the movie you can see what i mean, the image that i save for engraving is bigger then shape it is surrounded by, which i first wanted to use as a guide line.

I hope i explain it clearly enough

anybody knows what i am probably messing up here ?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What am i doing wrong - image size corel to lasercut ?

nobody with the same problem ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What am i doing wrong - image size corel to lasercut ?

Hmm... while I'm not a LaserCut user, I think I see the issue you're having.
    The issue is, the Multi-Image photograph is being saved such that the 'white' in the picture crops out, either via an Alpha Channel, or CorelDRAW is ignoring the white as a transparency.
    This means that when you load the photo into Lasercut, because it's not taking into account the white zone outside of where you saved, you would have to re-align the photo and scale the photo to match the layout of the trapezoidal parts.

I have had a similar issue when I was saving multiple files as 'layers' to be super-imposed one on top of the other.

What I've done in this case, is create an 'anchor' line. That is, a very tiny line at the uppermost left corner of the pics in CorelDRAW (or whatever program you use) and another tiny line at the lowermost right corner.
    These two little lines create a 'bounding box' when loaded, making it a lot easier to stay true to the proper size and alignment when loading them on to programs.

Another thing is, maybe when you're importing the picture (PNG format is a great format but you have to remember that it is sometimes created with a transparent alpha channel), tell Lasercut not to ignore the transparent background of white?

I'm not sure if this information is of much use to you, but maybe there's a checkbox somewhere during your image creation when you're making the array of little pictures, where maybe you can tell it not to set the white to transparent, or to remove the possibility of an alpha channel, or at the last, you can create a little line to 'frame the pictures so that they line up perfectly with the trapezoid shapes should you try to superimpose them.

Best of luck, and I hope maybe this was of a little help.