DIY 40 W Laser with AWC 608 / DSP. No consistent engravings

Thread: DIY 40 W Laser with AWC 608 / DSP. No consistent engravings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DIY 40 W Laser with AWC 608 / DSP. No consistent engravings

Hello together,

i own a buildlog 2.x laser with a 40 Watt (chinese) tube and a awc 608 DSP Controller. I have a big problem from the beginning and there is not too much support in the lightobject (where i got it) forum.
    When engraving something like laquered surfaces or andodized surfaces i always have the problem, that there are differences in the engraving even when the surface is totally flat. They seem to occur at the beginning of an engraving block and at the end (ok the example also looks like the same thing occurs in the middle). In the attached image you can see what i mean at the letter »g« where there is still some color left on the top and on the bottom. This happens all the time with similar material and it cannot be removed with alcohol since it is still in the surface. This is really important for me and the reason why i cannot really do serious work with anything but wood. When engraving with cermark there are similar issues. Some parts of the engraved image can be removed: Maybe there are differences in power distribution or something like that. i do not know where to start

Thank you so much for your ideas - i am really frustrated ...

tm