Need Help! Epilog zing 16 or GWEIKE lg500

Thread: Epilog zing 16 or GWEIKE lg500

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Epilog zing 16 or GWEIKE lg500

Hi cnc community! I need help on which machines to buy. Im currently using the k40 chinese machine and im having many problems with it and decided that its time to change to a better machine.

Ive found 2 machines which might suit me. (USED for 1 year @ebay) epilog zing 16, 30w @3.7k USD OR (BRAND NEW) Gweike LG500, 60w with chiller @2.4K USD.

Im currently running a phone wood casings engraving business and my main usage is cutting of 1-2mm of wood veneer and wood engraving. Im looking for something for the long run and stability. But im afraid 30w for epilog zing 16 might not be good enough for me. Software wise i believe epilog will have the upper hand. Also is it worth to pay 2.3k usd more for the epilog zing 16 compared to lg500.

Pls help me guys!! Appreciate your help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Epilog zing 16 or GWEIKE lg500

Hi Euggy,

ZING:
    The price you mentioned is unrealistic. There is something wrong. A machine like this in a working condition should sell for around 6-7K. It is a very reliable, high-quality machine with excellent support. The engraving quality over wood veneer would also be excellent. If 2mm is your max thickness a true 30W should be fine. Keep in mind that the tech. spec. of K40 are intentionally false. The tube of K40 is actually below 30W. Unlike the cheap Chinese machines the Epilog laser tubes can be refilled (repaired) if the laser start loosing power after several years of active use.

As an alternative to ZING you may check RAYJET. The quality, prices and support would be very similar.

LG500:
    Personally I wouldn’t trust this machine for precise, quality work. It is made to be cheap by the Chinese standards for cheap. That would reflect on everything - the quality of the components, the quality of the assembly, reliability, support, etc. If your business would depend on the performance of your laser machine, I would suggest to look for other options.

Last edited by Storen; 01-03-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Euggy View Post
    Hi cnc community! I need help on which machines to buy. Im currently using the k40 chinese machine and im having many problems with it and decided that its time to change to a better machine.

Ive found 2 machines which might suit me. (USED for 1 year @ebay) epilog zing 16, 30w @3.7k USD OR (BRAND NEW) Gweike LG500, 60w with chiller @2.4K USD.

Im currently running a phone wood casings engraving business and my main usage is cutting of 1-2mm of wood veneer and wood engraving. Im looking for something for the long run and stability. But im afraid 30w for epilog zing 16 might not be good enough for me. Software wise i believe epilog will have the upper hand. Also is it worth to pay 2.3k usd more for the epilog zing 16 compared to lg500.

Pls help me guys!! Appreciate your help
    If you mean this Zing from US Ebay, I would gp for it.

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Downloads
    Uploads

If you need detailed engraving then Epilog would be a better choice provided you're getting a true 30 watts for cutting. But I'd agree with Storen normal wear/tear that should sell for quiet a bit more.