I just recieved my new laser cutter from china
..its a 700 watt fiber laser cutter for metal..it has a small bed of 400 x600 mm ...tge technician is arriving next week to set it up and i was wondering if anyone here has experience with fiber laser cutters...i will only be using this machine for cutting thin sheet metal og .3mm or under most of the time..for metal this tbin, do i still need an assist gas or can i cut gas free if the metal is thin enough? Secondly, i understand this machine can engrave also but i am not sure how deep i can engrave with this machine, can anyone describe the engraving process and its limitations? Its my understaning that the marking is not done in a raster mode like a co2 laser, but more like a vector cutting mode with less power than used to cut through...i imagine this is allow me yo engrave lines but nothing of detail or deep engraving depth but i have never used this type of machine so i really dont know what can be accomplished with engraving..id live to hear from someone who operates this type of machine.