Which Laser did I just buy?

Thread: Which Laser did I just buy?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Which Laser did I just buy?

So I have to admit that this was a little bit of an impulse buy (but hey, aren't the coolest things that way?)

Years ago, I built a buildlog 2.0 laser, did some tinkering, never took it beyond 90% finished, and it sits in a storage unit rotting away. I decided that for me, I needed to buy something pre-built (so at least the enclosure was finished) even if it meant doing some internal hacking - so I did. Since most of the chinese lasers on ebay looked about the same, I decided to buy the one that had the enclosure I liked the best - And this is what I ended up ordering.

Which Laser did I just buy?-screen-shot-2016-12-25-4-58-a

I guess it's similar in design to an x700, but yet, it's not. Is this a new design? Does somebody have one of these? What did I buy? Google has turned up very little. What is it a clone of?

Obviously I wont REALLY know what I got until it's sitting here and I can look at it, but if the seller lives up to their shipping estimate, I should have it the first or second week in January.

Would love some feedback on what this thing actually is, or at least what I should call it.

Some more pics here

500x700mm USB Laser Engraving Cutter Stand Cutting Machine Engraver 60W Co2 | eBay