Need Help with GWeike Wklaser Controller Firmware

Thread: Need Help with GWeike Wklaser Controller Firmware

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Need Help with GWeike Wklaser Controller Firmware

I recently purchased a laser from GWeike and it has been fine. The controller has stopped working. I had a backup controller that was ordered at the same time that is identical but the firmware appears to not have been uploaded to the board. It appears that the steps/mm is way off and the X axis direction is flipped. The board is a ST908 (at least that is the only label I can find) that uses a Cyclone II chip. The software is Laserworks 8. I have contacted Gweike but have not heard back yet and really need to use the machine. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with GWeike Wklaser Controller Firmware

I found more info it is an RDLC220-B from Ruida. I did find that I could change the 'steps' on the stepper driver itself so that I can get the X and Y axis to actually draw a square instead of a rectangle when I submit a square to be cut, however there is still something wrong as a 50mm square comes out at 53.975mm when cut. The X axis homes in the correct direction but if you press left on the keypad then it moves right.

If I just knew the password for the vendor settings I think I could fix it...does anyone know the Laserwork vendor settings password? I have PMed the Gweike folks here.

Last edited by Vulcan R&D; 12-18-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with GWeike Wklaser Controller Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan R&D View Post
    I found more info it is an RDLC220-B from Ruida. I did find that I could change the 'steps' on the stepper driver itself so that I can get the X and Y axis to actually draw a square instead of a rectangle when I submit a square to be cut, however there is still something wrong as a 50mm square comes out at 53.975mm when cut. The X axis homes in the correct direction but if you press left on the keypad then it moves right.

If I just knew the password for the vendor settings I think I could fix it...does anyone know the Laserwork vendor settings password? I have PMed the Gweike folks here.
    I also have a Weike laser (Storm 600). Mine came with a different controller and control panel. The panel failed and since they no longer could get a replacement part - even though the unit was only a year old - my only option was to purchase the ST908 card and a new control board in June 2016. BUT, to answer your question, try one of the following codes - RD8888, JXF888, CC8888, HF8888, or GXFC88. There are actually two places that require codes. - I found that the codes were different for the two places.

The problem that I have is that the software that came with my ST908 has a flaw in it. While etching, I can adjust the "row spacing", but I have no control over the "dot interval". As a result, the variations between dark to light just blur together. It is as if the the image is burning in very high resolution. It prints a pretty descent picture, but it is very light. If I try to darken the image by burning it more than once ... or burning it slower ... or at higher power - I basically get a unrecognizable dark image. With my old controller card (which still works if I control it with the PC as opposed to the control panel), I can burn a very dark image - great detail, but what appears to be a lower resolution.

So, about 2 days ago, GWeike sent me "updated software for the ST908" - however, even though my board was purchased new 6 months ago, the new software does not recognize it. At the current time, I have an ST908 controller card that is 6 months old - software that is also 6 months old that talks to it but does not work properly - and updated software that does not talk to the ST908.

Assuming that it is firmware, I also would like to have a means of updating the firmware on the ST908