re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Thread: re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Hi all, I bought a chinese cnc/ laser machine. The instructions says it's a Woodpecker cnc machine. The laser runs LiteFire software. I fired it up yesterday and the laser works well, tests great and burns well and the software talks to the machine. But the problem I have is that when I followed the wiring instructions it gave me up and down and side to side movement but no back to front. On the software main page it only has Y and X axis, so I take it that it should only have back to front and side to side movement, up and down? As the up and down is for the cnc machine? If I change the wires around to allow for the Z axis, back to front movement it then works, but when I ask the software to engrave something it does not move and stays in one spot and burns on one spot. Yes I have asked the Chinese seller but have got no reply. I have cnc software questions and have had no reply. We chose this seller because they seemed to have very good feedback with answering questions, but now I need them they have fallen of the earth. I have attached a copy of the instructions with the wiring instructions. Hopefully is a simple fix with something I'm doing wrong. Thanks Dominic

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

I think that maybe I found the problem with the engraving. It's not the software or the control board. As it looks like to me the software is talking to the machine ok. And I can get all three axis to respond and move accordingly. Even though to get the third axis to move I have to unplug one and plug the other one in to get it to move. But that's because LiteFire software is only a 2 axis software.

What I noticed last night is that the main screw rods used to move the axis are connected to the stepper motors with this odd looking connector. Which has to go over the motor stem end which quite a smooth piece of metal and also go over the screw rod. The connector has 2 little allen key screw things that are supposed to tighten onto these two rods and I think that this connector is slipping on the motor stem as it's so smooth and hasn't got a good enough grip on it. As you can see in the photos i attached the instructions told me only to put two screws per connector so I did that. Not sure how to fix this problem other then to put another 2 screws into them, as there are 4 spare screws and see what happens.

I fixed the couplings but is still not moving the axis properly. Must be a gcode issue. When I look at the gocode produced it has 18 lines before it gets to the x y lines. Not sure if that is correct? But I can't delete any gcode lines it's only letting me change the VALUE and I can't copy the gcode.

The first lines are
    10 step pulse, usec
    25 step idle delay, msec
    0 step port invert mask:00000000
    4 dir port invert mask:00000100
    0 step enable invert, bool
    0 limit pins invert, bool
    0 probe pin invert, bool

Hopefully that makes sense?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Hi domgal, I guess you've probably fixed this by now, but I thought I'd comment anyway since I had a similar issue.

I found that using one of the grub screws to tighten the "connector" onto the stepper motor (which has a flat face on the spindle) was fine. But that the lead screw was better attached with 2 grub screws, tightened pretty evenly from both sides. This got the lead screw turning true-er, whereas with just one grub screw, there was a lot of friction in the lead screw.