Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)

Thread: Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)

Hey guys,

I've recently bought another 50w laser from Ebay, I have 2 others 50w and 110w.

The new 50w is about 3 weeks old and I'm currently running into an issue with it jumping. (I cant be bothered dealing with supplier as they are chinese and useless for help)

When I'm engraving as the head is moving down it makes a horrible juddering sound and skips but carries on engraving but obviously it's skipped and the pattern is then toast and have to start again. It's very very annoying.

I've checked;

*its not hitting anything
    *theres nothing down the sides where the belts run like i said its brand new
    *Belt tension on both sides tight but not overly tight (Same as my older once which is about a year old)
    *I've pushed the head back and forth to feel any resistance but can't feel much there.
    *slowed my engraving down even though the speed from side to side really doesn't effect the downward movement (still did it)
    *Reduced the load of colour in Rdworks so rather than setting all my colours for engraving on, I turn only one on once completed cycle I turn the next colour on and so forth to eliminate the chance of the software overloading and causing issues.

I've used the key pad on the machine and pressed the head up and down up and down but can't get it to skip when manually trying.

any help would be great!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)

Check belt tension and if the gear is tight. Does the head move smoothly when you use the key pad to move it

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

We are using probably the same machine and I also had that problem, for my laser the solution was to update vendor settings and machine settings.
    These are the same files that we used for the solution:
    https://ufile.io/a0719
    https://ufile.io/2cb30
    I hope that will this solve it.

Best regards.

Laser KH-5030, CNC 6040Z USB, Dremel and a lot of good will

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Check belt tension and if the gear is tight. Does the head move smoothly when you use the key pad to move it
    Neither are over tight, They are just right I'd say, I've compared it to my older machine and they feel the same, Yeah the head runs fine when I use the touch pad, but as soon as it starts to engrave something big it will be doing fine then all of a sudden the noise will happen and it will skip

Quote Originally Posted by LaserIdea View Post
    Hi,

We are using probably the same machine and I also had that problem, for my laser the solution was to update vendor settings and machine settings.
    These are the same files that we used for the solution:
    https://ufile.io/a0719
    https://ufile.io/2cb30
    I hope that will this solve it.

Best regards.
    Hi thanks, What should I do with these downloads?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I'm having the exact same problem. It's really annoying and time/material wasting as well. The problem happens randomly without any pattern. It's the exact same thing as what Renouf has described.

Any help or response would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    CB

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)-skipping-jpg

This is the problem that I have. If you see the inside the red box, the cut is now off because of the skipping.

Is there any fix for this? The guys from the ebay where we bought this takes too long to reply.

Any suggestions will do.

Thanks,
    CB

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone figured out what could cause this judder/skipping. I just started to have this problem and it seems the same as the OP.

When I'm engraving as the head is moving down it makes a horrible juddering sound and skips but carries on engraving but obviously it's skipped and the pattern is then toast and have to start again.

I've checked;

*its not hitting anything
    *theres nothing down the sides where the belts run like i said its brand new
    *Belt tension on both sides tight but not overly tight (Same as my older once which is about a year old)
    *I've pushed the head back and forth to feel any resistance but can't feel much there.
    *slowed my engraving down even though the speed from side to side really doesn't effect the downward movement (still did it)
    *Reduced the load of colour in Rdworks so rather than setting all my colours for engraving on, I turn only one on once completed cycle I turn the next colour on and so forth to eliminate the chance of the software overloading and causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by car_bore View Post
    Chinese 50w laser skipping when engraving (DRIVING ME MAD)-skipping-jpg

This is the problem that I have. If you see the inside the red box, the cut is now off because of the skipping.

Is there any fix for this? The guys from the ebay where we bought this takes too long to reply.

Any suggestions will do.

Thanks,
    CB

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like acceleration/deceleration settings are too "heavy/high" and the momentum movement of directional change is causing positions to be lost.