BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.

Not your best choice. BCL X- 1309,Starting at Week 2 power issues and slow to non existent support for repair or parts even when on warranty. I have had nothing but trouble with auto focus failure on week 2, to gantry issues and the table not being square after that, alignment of laser path and now power supply was going bad for a month with no help from Bodor on a replacement power supply and now my laser tube is also not working because of the power supply failure. Bodor replace tube and power supply, still has the same issue, and still NOT running right. This is a NEW machine. I have requested a refund since they are continuing to waste my time with more video's they want me to shoot of tests and get no reply to my refund request. The fact that I have clients waiting for orders and I am loosing money by the minute with this machine not working while making payments to the bank to pay for it. VERY UNHAPPY only had the machine for 4 months. NO response to emails for Bodor main email and Patrick Ma just (salesman, just ignores me now) I will continue to blog as I don't want anyone else to go through buying a machine from Bodor and losing money like I have. If Bodor makes it right, I will delete this, but as of right now..I will continue to warn others not to buy from Bodor. Works great when it was working, now..anchor... Warranty...yeah right !!Warning to all: I have had for 4 months. Its only worked for 2 1/2 months, the rest is down time and no urgent assistance to solve the issue. Many emails to Patrick and Bodor, no response from Bodor. I will be starting a blog soon about my experience. Its NOT good !! Been 2 more days, still no help in fixing my machine, was told by bodor and Patrick Ma an engineer would come fix it. NOTHING. Again my salesman Patrick Ma is ignoring me on skype, yet skype tells me he was active 26 seconds ago. DON'T BUY BODOR LASER MACHINE ! There is NO rush from them to help to fix it ! Even when you've only had it for 4 months. Has worked good maybe only 1 month of that time. Today I get a response: Bodor wants me to PAY for Airline tickets for Engineer to come fix this machine that is under warranty. [7:28:38 AM] Patrick Ma: i'm not at work today[7:29:09 AM] Patrick Ma: and i've called our engineer in Vegas[7:30:20 AM] Patrick Ma: His schdule is to leave at 19th[7:30:35 AM] Patrick Ma: the exhibition end at 18th[7:32:41 AM] Patrick Ma: our customer bought him the return ticket in 19th[7:34:19 AM] Patrick Ma: We can let him help you, so can you arrange the ticket for him from Vegas to your place then from your place to get back DO NOT BUY BODOR LASERS. NO SERVICE !!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.

As stated in the other post, I am a proud owner of 2 Bodor lasers! BODOR LASER- IS A VERY GOOD CHOICE!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish that were the case for me. Auto focus failure issue first to gantry being all messed up. Then loss of power while its running, so no power. Replaced Power supply and tube and its still doing it. Don't get me wrong the machine is built like a tank and I love it. Just can't seem to get it to work the way it's suppose to. That is all I hope for, is that Bodor with honor the warranty and fix it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Imcclellan, I know this is not going to make you feel better, but I don't think it is just Bodor. Most likely you would've have similar experience with 99% of the Chinese brands. It is not bad luck or special treatment. Simply this is the business model the Chinese companies intentionally follow. The more interesting question for me is WHY? Obviously there is big demand for this technology but by adopting that strategy they are loosing the opportunity for establishing themselves on the western markets.

I think everyone who intends to import a machine form China should understand the specifics and the way they conduct their business. If you really wanted reliable equipment and service and your business depends on that you shouldn't have gone that route.

Last edited by Storen; 11-18-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    Imcclellan, I know this is not going to make you feel better, but I don't think it is just Bodor. Most likely you would've have similar experience with 99% of the Chinese brands. It is not bad luck or special treatment. Simply this is the business model the Chinese companies intentionally follow. The more interesting question for me is WHY? Obviously there is big demand for this technology but by adopting that strategy they are loosing the opportunity for establishing themselves on the western markets.

I think everyone who intends to import a machine form China should understand the specifics and the way they conduct their business. If you really wanted reliable equipment and service and your business depends on that you shouldn't have gone that route.
    There are China suppliers better than others though. Just like here. I visited Bodors facility after going to a Photonics trade show in Shanghai, I was looking for a couple larger platform co2 and fiber machines to import. I will say Bodors production facility was one of the least impressive visits. I credit them for their marketing effort. But, the organization within the production area and build quality of their machines was disappointing compared to other suppliers in Jinan.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BLshop View Post
    There are China suppliers better than others though. Just like here. I visited Bodors facility after going to a Photonics trade show in Shanghai, I was looking for a couple larger platform co2 and fiber machines to import. I will say Bodors production facility was one of the least impressive visits. I credit them for their marketing effort. But, the organization within the production area and build quality of their machines was disappointing compared to other suppliers in Jinan.
    Very interesting. Which factories made you good impression?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went this route because a friend had this machine and talked highly of it. I like that it was large and I would be so limited in what I produced. Since writing this, Bodor has replaced 2 power supply's, the tube, and the control board. The loss of power or no fire still happens randomly and files sometimes don't make it to the machine right or the machine don't cut or engrave them like they are suppose to. I am learning to work around this issues. Hardest part is product loss due to errors in the cut or engrave. I do still love the machine as I said its built like a tank and there is not much on size limits as its a 1300mm x 900mm machine. I had bought a machine brand name here prior and had it 2 weeks and the bearings went out on it. To finding out it was a used or repo machine that I paid NEW price for. I realized that most of the parts were from china as well they just slapped their business name on the front and called it a day. I got 10 times the size for the same price of that one with Bodor. Bodor has came through with helping me fix it, just not in my time frame...everything takes days and weeks. Tests and more tests before parts will be sent. 6 months to basically get it running decent finally and of course after the holiday rush. Thanks for your info/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you have any update from bodor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, They finally got on the ball and assisted me in getting this machine back on track. They replaced power supply, then the tube. Still had same issue, then they replaced the other power supply, Issue still continued. So they replaced the control board in the machine. I still have the random no fire issue. At this point they are guessing to figure out the random no fire issue. I have learned to adjust to whatever happens with this machine. It is a beast and a workhorse and I do love the machine. Just wish I didn't get one with some many issues, Lost about 6000.00 in orders over these issues during the holidays. Moving forward, bodor was slow to help me, I think assuming I was just a stupid girl that didn't know what she was doing, even though this is my second laser engraver. Finally happy that we have most of the issues fixed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is my biggest concern. About after sale service. If you have work to do and you losing money how can we trust the 3 years after sales support?
    For me it is normal machines having some problems or being damage on the work,
    I hope to make your machine perfect.
    Thank you for your time to reply me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, what kind of machines you have? I want to buy a 2000 to 4000 W big machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just purchased a Bodor Laser and boy I'm regretting it already. It took 1 month to have support get back with me. I'm dealing with a person that is using a translator software to communicate so its frustrating. The machine was not tested, the laser stays on during homing operations damaging the material, the plate, and even the rubber belts underneath. Still going through this, support basically left me hanging, I will update as to what happens next. In the future I would consider spending extra on Thinklaser or at least dealing with Thunderlaser who have some state side support. Super regretful.

Downloads
    Uploads

The state-side ThunderLaser after sales support could be a bit better. They tried, but weren't able to help me solve my Nova 24 issue, which turned out to be a pretty simple solution in the end.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tsinos View Post
    This is my biggest concern. About after sale service. If you have work to do and you losing money how can we trust the 3 years after sales support?
    For me it is normal machines having some problems or being damage on the work,
    I hope to make your machine perfect.
    Thank you for your time to reply me.

Far from Perfect, I have had the same issue with the POT meter since I got the machine a year and a half ago. Sent pictures and video's for months. Finally gave up. Got a message from Patrick my sales guy from Bodor finally after 3 months of him reading my questions or whatever on Skype and just ignoring me. He told me they now have a service department and to email them for help with my issue. Hell he has had a year to help me fix it. Service department...... Big whoop !! Keep in mind the power supplies in this machine also go bad within 3 months, which in turn ruined the tube.

Today my fan wouldn't come on and I found out the relay and plug was melted...I ordered the parts from a friend who now builds a HELL of a machine here in the USA. He is my go to guy for parts that is for sure. DLM LASERS on facebook. Tell Pete I sent you. He delivers, installs and trains you on his machines.

Good Luck to you all. Happy lasering. Still limping along with my POS Bodor Machine !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    We purchased 1530PT laser half a year ago. The machine works with no issues, however it it relatively new. The user interface is simply, but lacks Hungarian language. Some factory laser settings needed to be changed because of not adequate cut surface/burr.
    About customer service we have no opinion. It will pop up once issues happen (hopefully will not) with the machine.
    In Hungary the power supply has 7% variance around the nominal 400V, so we had to buy a voltage stabilizer.
    Up to now no negative experience with the machine.
    Photos of the machine:
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iJtdOXm8dkBox

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BODOR LASER- A GREAT OPTION.

I bought a blc-O503MU mini laser machine from bodor to start my small business, it is a great machine, easy to install, hard to break down, and the best thing their.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a blc-O503MU mini laser machine from bodor to start my small business, it is a great machine? easy to install, hard to break down, and the best thing their.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-wx_camera_1539114085328-jpg   BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-bodor-cnc-bcl-mu-series-jpg_350x350-jpg   BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-cat2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a blc-O503MU mini laser machine from bodor to start my small business, it is a great machine? easy to install, hard to break down, and the best thing their.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-img_20181022_015603-jpg   BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-img_20181022_015545-jpg   BODOR LASER- NOT A GOOD OPTION.-wx_camera_1539114085328-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I see downfalls, however we are having trouble with the electric chucks not opening or closing on the (Bodor tube laser T230). Does anyone have any tech knowledge on this machine that could be of assistance? It would be greatly appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you contact your salesperson? If you lose touch with him/her, leave your email or phone number to me and let me help you sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast