Issues with RDC6442G on 80 watt Chinese Laser

Thread: Issues with RDC6442G on 80 watt Chinese Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues with RDC6442G on 80 watt Chinese Laser

Hello,

I need your help. I have the red and black chinese engraver bought from Ebay. It has the RDC6442G control board. On Friday night we got a Frame Slop error. In an attempt to fix this error, our machine is now unusable.

The XY origin will not reset. It was at the top left corner of the board. We attempted to set the origin by pushing the origin button. We have replaced the X senor as it had gone bad. We have upload the files suggested to reset the parameters as well. So far nothing.

What is is currently doing now is that when the machine is turned on, it begin to bang into the sides of the machine. It also has our work space dimensions much smaller what they are are, which are 500x700. We cannot find XY 00 anywhere and we cannot seem to figure out how to set it without the machine going off the grid and banging into the sides. We have attempted to reset to the factory setting but that seemed to make this situation even worse.

I have several orders that are waiting and I really need the machine up and running again. Is there anyone that has encountered this problem?

Thank you,
    Danielle
    Located in Houston TX

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues with RDC6442G on 80 watt Chinese Laser

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleL View Post
    Hello,

I need your help. I have the red and black chinese engraver bought from Ebay. It has the RDC6442G control board. On Friday night we got a Frame Slop error. In an attempt to fix this error, our machine is now unusable.

The XY origin will not reset. It was at the top left corner of the board. We attempted to set the origin by pushing the origin button. We have replaced the X senor as it had gone bad. We have upload the files suggested to reset the parameters as well. So far nothing.

What is is currently doing now is that when the machine is turned on, it begin to bang into the sides of the machine. It also has our work space dimensions much smaller what they are are, which are 500x700. We cannot find XY 00 anywhere and we cannot seem to figure out how to set it without the machine going off the grid and banging into the sides. We have attempted to reset to the factory setting but that seemed to make this situation even worse.

I have several orders that are waiting and I really need the machine up and running again. Is there anyone that has encountered this problem?

Thank you,
    Danielle
    Located in Houston TX
    Hi Danielle
    We have just experienced the same issue - did you find a solution that you are willing to share? Like you I have orders waiting and am frustrated with this issue.

Thanks
    yvonne
    Australia

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We ended up having to replace the motor boardS for the x and y axis. We found out that you cannot run the system in hot weather because you will fey the electronics and these are the first to go. We also replaced the seniors on the X and y axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your reply, not really the news I wanted but at least I know where to look. On a side note did you find any documentation on the control panel for the laser? I am using it fine but am wondering if there would be more I could do if I understood the different settings and options on the control panel. The manual that came with the machine (80 watt Chinese Laser from ebay) is completely useless and only covers the actual setup, not any of the settings on the machine.
    Cheers
    YvonneIssues with RDC6442G on 80 watt Chinese Laser-img_2217-jpg
    Good News I just turned the machine back on and the origin issue seems to have resolved itself.... at least for now

Downloads
    Uploads

Go here and invest the time to read all the forums. Ask to be given access to the manual that was translated. Watch the videos Russ posted on Youtube for the ThinkLaser video channel. You will learn so much from these two resources.

https://rdworkslab.com

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

What range of temperatures are you talking about?

Double check Vendor settings parameters, this is a most common problem. I have written down vendor and user parameters in text file, print and store so can recall it even if cant found electronic version (attached) . Most critical and usually "messy" are firs X and Y settings. U and Z are similar as X and Y but I have marked invert direction and no marked Home at U. I don't believe this will have any influence due Z and U are not avaliable at x700 red-black clone machine.

BTW. RDW forum has a strange rules for registration, not acceptable (or even prohibited) in many countries. I know number of people who are not participate there due their rules.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Polish @ Éire

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by abyss View Post
    BTW. RDW forum has a strange rules for registration, not acceptable (or even prohibited) in many countries. I know number of people who are not participate there due their rules.
    Not sure sure which countries those might be? All good things require rules, and the forum owner gets to make his own- they have evolved over the last 6 months and now the members are happy with them [mostly- ya can't please everyone]. As I say at my business- 'My business, my rules'. Gene

4x4 shopbot with chicom water cooled spindle
    3x4 130watt chinese laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GeneMpls View Post
    Not sure sure which countries those might be? All good things require rules, and the forum owner gets to make his own [...] As I say at my business- 'My business, my rules'. Gene
    Of course - owner is setting rules for forum, this is his business. Nothing against rules as rules. But he should to know collecting personal data is a strictly and formally ruled process in Europe - in general (regulation: Protection of personal data - European Commission and EUR-Lex - 31995L0046 - EN - EUR-Lex ). I'm not a lawyer, but this is just unusual in European countries to demand exact names and locations to be a public. I know owner / webpage is in USA, but is it worth to lose potential input? If I will be a pr._ck I can register with a fake name and address or even with fake IP (it is not too complicated). But I don't. And as fair I know I'm not only one who don't accept rules.

Polish @ Éire